Kaseya Community

Network map and redundant connections

• Since last week we are using the Dashboard map editor for making network maps. Between some (important) network devices we have redundant or trunked connections. When i add multiple connections in de network map between the devices it shows the connections on top of each other. How can i fix that? 

• Hi Tim,

I don't remember now, but what build are you running?

• 7809 v4.1.

The problems exists when you create more than 1 connection between two devices.

• See the example above. In the red corner you see that two values are placed on top of each other. I'd like to see when you add multiple connections between two devices that it shows all the connection.

• Can someone respond to this question?

• Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't see how this could be possible in the current build. Through creating multiple devices side by side, then it might work. Otherwise we would have to consider this for the next build, whether or not it's something that could be changed for v4 but most likely for v5 that will be released later this year.

• I'd like to see this fixed for the next build. If it is fixed in v4 you can easiliy merge it into v5, right? Most of our connections in the datacenter are redundant, creating multiple devices for all those connections is gonna be a mess in the network map. I don't think it is much work, because all data is already there. The addition is the correct positioning of the connections. 

Painted example: