Kaseya Community

Cannot start VMware Web Service session, but API is available from gateway machine.

• I've added a new VMWare ESXi 5.0 machine to KNM 4.1 with some VMWare Performance monitors but they fail with the message: "Cannot start VMware Web Service session". From the machine where the gateway is running i can succesfully retrieve the page: https://hostname/sdk/vimService.wsdl.

I've checked the configuration with another VMware ESXi 5.0 machine, but i can't see any difference between them. What could be wrong?

• Is the address of the object a host name or IP address, if its a host name , please try with the IP of the machine.

• I've changed the hostname to the IP-address of the machine, but that does not fix the problem.

• And the logon account configured in the object property page have a user that can loggon to the ESXi ?

• Yes. The logon account is also used by several Lua script monitors for getting data from the ESXi machine via SSH.

• What build of v4.1 are you running ?

• 7394. The other ESXi machines can use the performance counters without any problems.

• Something has to be different between the machines, user rights or firewalling  ?

• On a couple of our ESXi 5.0 servers i get a warning about the ssl certificate when i try to access the /sdk/vimService.wsdl site. That are also the machines that give the "Cannot start VMware Web Service session" error in KNM.

• Update to Build 7809 and it will solve this issue and the compatible data type issue.

download.kaseya.com/.../release_notes.txt

download.kaseya.com/.../knmsetup.exe

• Hey Robert,

Is that the VSA-integrated KNM updater? We're a couple builds behind and I want to upgrade... assume that it will require a schema reapply?

Thanks...

• No, this is the KNM setup, but you should be fine with that if you have installed KNM 4.1 integrated.

Shutdown KNM and install over with knmsetup.exe , start KNM when install is done.

• @ RA

Yesterday we tried to update our integrated KNM install, but i tries to install in de c:\KNM directory. We have aborted the installation, because we think we need the installer for the integrated version.

• You probably had the stand alone installed first ?

Do you have the following registry key and where in that case do it point ?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Kaseya\KNM

• It did point to c:\KNM. We manually edited the installer_path, but after the installation the KNM service crashes after starting it. Oops!