Kaseya Community

VSA doesn't show KNM pages

This question is answered

I've integrated KNM into VSA, but the interface doesn't work correctly...

The stadalone version works fine at the url https://xyz.mydomain.tld:8081

The VSA integrated version shows the menu Network Monitor, but the frame gives me an error (res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm#https://xyz.mydomain.tld:8080/dashboard.view.xsi?id=2&ac53fc3e4265a4a2490df8fa36b3c1564=482003549)

I suppose that the VSA search on port 8080 but my installation works on port 8081 (why setup ask me the port if I must not change it?)...

Any suggestions?

Kaseya Network Monitor 4.1 (Build 7394) on Windows server 2008 R2

Verified Answer
  • I've changed the port following the help topic help.kaseya.com/.../index.htm

I set the port 8080 into init.cfg and works fine both versions (integrated and standalone).

All Replies
  • Please start a ticket to get help with this.

• I've changed the port following the help topic help.kaseya.com/.../index.htm

I set the port 8080 into init.cfg and works fine both versions (integrated and standalone).

• I have 4.1 running as a standalone server and it works great. How did you actually integrate it into the Kaseya Server?

• There's a seperate installer .

knminstall.exe is the integrated installer package

knmsetup.exe is the stand alone one

So you'll need to download the correct installer.

I think the one on Kaseya's support/download page in the standalone one

I think the documented way to integrate an existing installation is copy the c:/knm folder from where ever you did your standalone install to c:/kaseya/knm on your VSA.. and then run the integrated installer.

There's a doc somewhere that explains the full process

Paul

• where can I get knminstall.exe?

• Can someone please provide me a screenshot or info on what the VSA integration is meant to be?   When I looked into this my understanding was that it is only ticketing, is this correct?

It would be nice to have dashboard plus customer ID's to match up to KNM.. Setting up a new tool from scratch is one of the reasons we havent really adopted it as we have other tools that are more advanced and easy to use than KNM, the only reason why I would consider adopting KNM more is tighter intergration with alarms, reports, customer Id's etc.  

• knm dashboard.JPG

This is what the integrated version looks like.

Kaseya have added on the LHS menu all the same functions as exist across the top of the stand alone KNM install

As far as integration goes it will only create SD tickets , and it installs it's own desk called KaseyaNetworkMonitor

Customer ID are arrange by defining Netowrks and Gateways

• Paul, Thanks for this.

Shame it is not intergrated but looks better than the other version. Can someone tell me where the guide is to set this up. I am sure when 4.1 came out I installed the intergrated version, I spent a lot of time looking through the help files at the time and didnt see what to do.

• Installing and Upgrading KNM 4.docx

Integrated installer

download.kaseya.com/.../knminstall.exe

And attached Doc

Have fun ( Needs SD installed ! )

Cheers

Paul