Kaseya Community

Wildcards in Enterprise OID monitorset

• Is there a way to use a kind of wildcard?

I like to monitor every trap in OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.232

so if trap: .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.0.3034 is send I had to get an alarm.
    I've made 2 monitors.

One with only .1.3.6.1.4.1.232 and one with .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.0.3034

Only at .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.0.3034 i got the alarm.

BTW: If the alarm is generated a minute later the the alarm is gone and status is OK. Is there an option to hold the alarm till you acknowliedged it.

[edited by: srozemuller at 5:39 AM (GMT -8) on 1-18-2012] .
  • No, there are no wildcard function on the OID today in the Trap monitor.

srozemuller
    BTW: If the alarm is generated a minute later the the alarm is gone and status is OK. Is there an option to hold the alarm till you acknowliedged it.

No, since both the trap monitor and the Windows event log monitor looks for new entries that match their settings, a new test with no new such entries will reset their status back to ok. 

For example. The trap monitor checks what messages it have got since last test, and if it finds something matching the settings, it will enter alarm state, when it perform the next test, no new messages has arrived and then it will switch to ok state since the test found no match entries.

• ok

so if i say to look at .1.3.6.1.4.1.232 it only looks at .1.3.6.1.4.1.232 and traps withing that OID are not entering the alarmstate

• yes, it will only consider the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.232 , nothing else.

• hmm , toplevel monitoring isn't possible.

• As of a very recent version of KNM, there is actually a wild card search for the OID's in the trap monitor.

So adding a * after the OID will make the monitor capture everything that matches up to that point.

• hope it will be  in 4.1