Kaseya Community

SNMP

This question is not answered

Hi

I have KNM installed on my kaseya server and I am having issues with SNMP.   It is not working.  Every counter that is SNMP quickly turns and stays red.  SNMP on both the kaseya server and the test machines I am playing with (on the same LAN) in installed.  I set the community string to public for testing.  Windows firewall is off (although I also tried adding and HP MSA unit which isnt running windows)

I have an open support ticket for a few weeks and I think they are very swamped (or they don't like me :-) )  I am sure i am missing a checkbox somewhere.  If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

--==Richie

All Replies
  • Try to do a snmpwalk on the object you want to monitor.

• Download a program called "getif", download the mibs for that device from the vendor, run the software on the LAN where the device sits and make sure SNMP is turned on first.

If you have gotten further than that, and you are applying SNMP sets successfully, and everything is setup "the way it should be" Do what timmm said, run an SNMP walk on the device.

Hidden somewhere in your Agent Work Directory is an XML file with the SNMPWALK strings, all the KAgent does is execute those walk strings, if your SNMP walk doesn't work then the SNMP set is useless.

I have written a few (bad quality) articles about SNMP that you can find here for advice www.simpleit.tumblr.com (note i haven't updated them in a while and the more i think about it, the more factually incorrect some of it is - useful none the less)

If you run into trouble, take some screen shots and post them here i am more than happy to look and advise.

• Each monitor gives a text error message, if you can, past it into this thread, it will help us helping you. (Or even better, a image of the monitor info page.)

Have you installed the Microsoft SNMP service on the KNM host machine (also gateways if you are using that) ?

help.kaseya.com/.../8361.htm (Item 4 in the check list).

• Hi

i have made some progress.  I did have an SNMP config error on my server which i fixed.  One of my test servers also has some broken WMI couters which I can't seem to fix (that is from support).  The template for BES seems to be using the wrong OID (I got that from support.) The template for my HP MSA also has the wrong OID's which is why everything is red.

I am making some progress, i hope once it is integrated with the VSA I will be able to deploy a gateway directly from the VSA, that will help but this does seem light years ahead of the built in stuff.

thanks

• richie

The template for BES seems to be using the wrong OID (I got that from support.)

The template for my HP MSA also has the wrong OID's which is why everything is red.

Both those templates have been created by users so I doubt that they are using the wrong OID. Maybe you do not have the same version as the orginal creator and something has changed (?)