Kaseya Community

KNM: Asset not received from the VSA. Please check if the asset can be located in the discovery module

• FYI, there is a KNM (integrated) issue that prevents manually adding an Asset in the Network Monitor tree.

You can not manually add a switch, or printer, or other IP device.

Any one else having this issue or seen this behavior. i have open ticket and Kaseya verified they see the issue as well.

12/15/17: Ticket #222003 - Re: Asset not received from the VSA error trying to add asset in KNM

Support response:

Hi Adam,
    Thank you for contacting Kaseya. My name is xxxxxx and I am the engineer who spoke to you on the call.
    It seems that this issue you reported is very similar to an issue that our product engineering team is currently working on as a possible bug.
    We have an internal ticket with our engineering team, to which I've linked this ticket so that I can receive updates on this.
    I shall place this ticket on "Hold" for now and provide you with an update as soon as I receive any new information regarding the fix.
    We thank you for your patience, while we work on a fix for this issue.

Regards, xxxxxx
    Senior Customer Support Engineer

1/11/17 (Today's Response - Almost a month later) 

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for reaching out.
    I have been checking on the status of this issue with the product engineering team and they are still performing their investigations and working on a fix for this issue. I understand that you would like to get this resolved as early as possible but since this issue is complex and requires more review, I would request that you please allow us more time to work on this so that we can address this. I apologize for the inconvenience and I do not have an ETA at the moment. However, please be rest assured that I will respond back to you as soon as I hear back from my product engineering team.
    Thank you for your patience while we work towards a resolution on this.
    Regards,
    Senior Customer Support Engineer

• HI Admin,

Sounds like a issue we submitted a long time ago and i still open.

• 1/23/18 response from support

Development worked on this issue, but its a little more complex than anticipated. Product Management has set this issue back on Sprint C which starts on January 29th.

2/2/18 response from support

Unfortunately this is an issue with R9.5 as well. Our Developers are actively working on this issue and I see notes in our internal ticket from late last night. We now have two different developments team collaborating to get this issue addressed.

• Thanks for the update.

• Any status/update on when this will be resolved? Seeing the same problem still when trying to add assets in KNM.

• Happy to announce that as part of the 9.5.0.6 VSA patch, the Network Monitor can now once again add manual assets. Have added about 25 switches, firewalls, UPS, etc and all is working as expected.

Must give a huge Kudos to Cesar Perez, the Kaseya Director of Customer Support, as he was in constant contact with me through submission of issue, engineering review, testing and resolve. He also sent confirmation of the release date of the patch and that the fix was included.