Kaseya Community

More than one data point on a graph/monitor?

• I'm finally starting to make more use of Network Monitor, and thus far I'm getting a lot of useful data on it, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.  What I'd really like to do is have the opportunity to combine more than one data point in a single graph. 

For a simple example look at the built in "bandwidth monitor" graphs.  One of the things I'd like to do would be something similar to this for switch ports on the In/Out Error stats.  It would make a quick and easy way to track down switch ports taking a lot of errors (or any errors really is something to at least look at), but ideally I'd like to show both in one monitor rather than having to either setup two different monitors, or "add" them together in order to show in one.

Another example would be CPU utilization on a multiprocessor system.  I'd really like to show one CPU utilization graph that would have each of the individual CPU's graphed on it.  I've seen several times where a poorly written non-multithreaded process may hog all of a single CPU core, but the "Total" cpu usage on a system doesn't really show as being in an alarmed state.  At the same time I don't want to have to look at 12 different items just to see the one that is maxing out.

• For anyone else stumbling across this later, you basically have two options..

1.) on the Dashboard pages, you can combine things from one host, *however* you can't really control "how" they are combined, and you can basically combine 2, 4 or 8 items in one chart.

2.) if you do your own custom monitor in LUA then you can combine 2 or 4 items into one chart on the monitor page.