Kaseya Community

Quickbooks Online Notes not coming accross

This question is answered

How do you get the notes from service billing to come over to Quickbooks Online?  All I see is Labor in the description which won't cut it from my customer explaining why I am billing them.

Verified Answer
  • The whole explanation that the Kaseay person posted above is 100% wrong.  It will send over to Quickbook the entire title of the ticket. It won't bring over the individual notes crated inside the ticket.  This will happen when you turn on timesheet approval.  Not sure why these two separate modules effect each other but they do. Once I turned timesheet approval off the ticket description came over perfectly.

All Replies
  • After opening a ticket apparently their is no way to move the notes from Kaseya over to QB.  I was shocked to find this to be the case. This was a game breaker for me so I will have to wait to purchase it until then.  Correction, get a refund then switch back to it once they have that feature.

• Hi BobbyG,

Basically this is not so much a limitation with with Kaseya, but a limitation with Quickbooks. Here's why...

Kaseya provides all of the detail on the invoices we create including all of the notes for individual line items. This allows for very detailed invoices to be sent to the customer.

Quickbooks however, has a 4K limit on the Invoice Line Item Description field. That size is very small when you get into very detailed notes. With this Quickbooks limitation, we decided to only send over the Invoice Line Item Summary data.

Hope this help...

Scott

• @ BobbyG

Why not send your customer the Invoice from Service Billing?  It can be sent via email, and there is a tracking feature to verify that the customer actually received/opened the email.

• The invoice that I've sent through Service Billing also do not include the ticket notes.  What am I missing?

• The whole explanation that the Kaseay person posted above is 100% wrong.  It will send over to Quickbook the entire title of the ticket. It won't bring over the individual notes crated inside the ticket.  This will happen when you turn on timesheet approval.  Not sure why these two separate modules effect each other but they do. Once I turned timesheet approval off the ticket description came over perfectly.