Kaseya Community

Query to update Description on SD Hour entries

• HI,

we are getting a lot of questions about the unclarity of the invoices (all about hours from SD). SD only passes the ticketnumber and not the ticket summary to SB.

so i created this select query:

'select KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description, KSB.BillableLineDetails.DetailTypeID,kasadmin.sdincident.ref, kasadmin.sdincident.sdSummary

'from KSB.BillableLineDetails

'LEFT JOIN kasadmin.sdincident

'ON left(KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description,8)=kasadmin.sdincident.ref

'where (KSB.BillableLineDetails.DetailTypeID=0 and LEN(KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description) = 9 and KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description like 'IN%')

and noticed the results i saw were what i wanted to see, so i created the UPDATE query below but it's giving me an error on LEFT JOIN

'UPDATE KSB.BillableLineDetails

'SET KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description = KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description & kasadmin.sdincident.sdSummary

'LEFT JOIN kasadmin.sdincident

'ON left(KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description,8)=kasadmin.sdincident.ref

'where (KSB.BillableLineDetails.DetailTypeID=0 and LEN(KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description) = 9 and KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description like 'IN%')

any help is very welcome !

thanks 

• just in case anybody is intrested :-)

this is the working update query

UPDATE KSB.BillableLineDetails

SET KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description = KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description + ' ' + kasadmin.sdincident.sdSummary

from KSB.BillableLineDetails

LEFT JOIN kasadmin.sdincident

ON left(KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description,8)=kasadmin.sdincident.ref

where (KSB.BillableLineDetails.DetailTypeID=0 and LEN(KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description) = 9 and KSB.BillableLineDetails.Description like 'IN%')