Kaseya Community

Minimum permissions for LiveConnect to work

This question is answered

We have a few customers where I'm giving limited access into the VSA for them to be able to remote control their companies machines.  I don't want them accessing most other functionality in the VSA, but I would like to give them "most" of the access into KLC.  I'd like to remove a couple of options there, but I can't seem to get KLC working for them at all in the limited user role at this point.  

I currently have the user role set with minimal access.  They basically have access specifically the the "Control machine" option under Remote Control->Desktop Control, the Preferences and change logon under System->User Settings, some limited access under Quick View Data, and then I've tried various options under LIve Connect, including currently just giving them full access to *everything* under live connect.  With this setup I can launch live connect and see the list of machines I have them limited to under their Scope, but I can't actually *do* anything with any of the machines.  If I attempt to launch live connect or remote control for a specific machine, then I get an error "Error: The request failed with status code: 403".  

Does anyone out there have this working where you are just giving remote control and live connect access to users, and know what the minimum permissions are?  If I can't figure it out soon I'll be opening a ticket, but I thought(hoped) someone here might have some suggestions before I start that waiting game. 

Verified Answer
  • Aha... This is why I sometimes hate Kaseya's knowledgebase.. I apparently wasn't searching for the right things... I finally changed up my search terms and located an article that *may* fix it.

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../229009728

All Replies
  • Aha... This is why I sometimes hate Kaseya's knowledgebase.. I apparently wasn't searching for the right things... I finally changed up my search terms and located an article that *may* fix it.

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../229009728