Kaseya Community

Live Connect on Demand

This question is answered

My apologies if this has been answered - Don't know if I'm not searching for the right thing or not but I cannot find this . . . 

Will someone please explain to me the steps necessary to convert the Live Connect on Demand temp agent to a permanent agent?

It's obvious I'm not going about this the correct way as I have tried doing a force update of the agent as well as trying to over-install the agent which merely tells me the agent is already installed.

Thanks for any insight provided.

Verified Answer
  •  

I don't believe there is a native way in the UI to just click a button and convert it,   may have more insight if this is planned for an upcoming release.

However, you could re-install the agent by creating a new package (or using an existing one) with the /r and /w switch and/or removing the /e switch and running the install over the KLC-OnDemand agent.

All Replies
  •  

I don't believe there is a native way in the UI to just click a button and convert it,   may have more insight if this is planned for an upcoming release.

However, you could re-install the agent by creating a new package (or using an existing one) with the /r and /w switch and/or removing the /e switch and running the install over the KLC-OnDemand agent.

• Thanks, Nicolas.  I was hoping that I had perhaps overlooked something that was a little more straight-forward.  Seems a bit odd to force a reinstall to make it permanent when the agent is, for all practical purposes, already installed.

I have not yet tried implementing these switches but presume it will work.  Thanks for the input.  I will consider this answered for now.