Kaseya Community

Cannot KLC Macs since updating to 9.4.0.21 - VSA shows them as online, when KLC launches it shows them as offline

• Hey guys, I have a case open with support but am getting not getting an answer fast enough - they keep saying is the service running on the Mac, but its not. Multiple Macs, multiple restarts, manually restarting the service, all running .11 agent. Anyone else running into this?

• Figured this out thanks to K support after I finally convinced lvl 1 to escalate. If anyone runs into this I put the info below on how to script it. Basically resetting the endpoint plist.

Script typed out below:

• executeShellCommand
    • launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kaseya.endpoint.plist
    • Execute as System on Mac OS X Hault on Fail
    • pauseProcedure 20
    • executeShellCommand
    • rm -r /Library/Application\ Support/com.kaseya/Endpoint
    • executeShellCommand
    • launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kaseya.endpoint.plist

*Edited to fix spacing and notes
    [edited by: timmie41116 at 2:15 PM (GMT -7) on Jun 28, 2017]
  • Timmie, can you share your actual XML procedure?

• Procedure LC Offline Mac Fix.xml

Worked for me, most or all of my Macs were showing up as offline in LC.

Copied in the commands listed above into a procedure and it did the trick.  I attached an XML to this post for easy import.

• Just a heads up that using this procedure involves deleting the Endpoint directory as indicated here:

rm -r /Library/Application\ Support/com.kaseya/Endpoint

There is a consequence of deleting the Endpoint directory -- it will delete any scheduled tasks made through the Endpoint service. Modules that use these services include Cloud Backup, Software Management, Antivirus, and Anti-Malware. You may need to reschedule scans, for example, after running this procedure. Only do this at the last resort if no other method would bring the Endpoint service back alive.

• Wait - Antivirus and AntiMalware work on the Mac now!?