Kaseya Community

Chrome 27 + KLC (VSA 6.2) Plugin Manager error 1071

This question is not answered

Last week my KLC "worked" mostly apart from slowing down the connection to the VSA and disconnecting remote sessions and this week I get the 1071 Error again.

Tried all the previous tricks but none of them worked and then I found and followed the instructions in  KB# KKB000930 and got this error:

Install Failed: GetMetadataFailed : UnexpectedException : Programming error in JSON::Marshaler::Deserialize (line 160 of .\Marshaler.cpp)

I know that the KB was written for Chrome V23 what is really annoying is that it seems VSA 6.2 is no longer supported, how can you just drop support for the previous version without advanced notice?!

All Replies
  • HardKnoX,

There have been no changes to the our support of KLC in 6.2  I would recommend re-running the most recent KLC Patch.  If that does not help, then there is a bug that we need to fix.  Please submit a ticket so support can begin to look into it.

Thanks,

Chad

• Curious - why 6.2 still? Not trying to attack you or anything, you're a great contributor to the community and I'm sure you have a reason. Just wondering if you would be willing to share (if you haven't already)? Cheers.

[edited by: SMason at 5:25 PM (GMT -7) on Jun 5, 2013] Added "Cheers."
  • Chad Gniffke

There have been no changes to the our support of KLC in 6.2

To me as a customer it appears that Kaseya no longer supports VSA 6.2 because of the solution or the lack of it;

(KKB000930 SOLUTION)

The issue is resolved in Kaseya VSA v6.3 software. The below workarounds can be used for Kaseya VSA v6.2 software.

Also why are the workarounds not turned into solutions?

[edited by: HardKnoX at 5:52 PM (GMT -7) on Jun 5, 2013] typo
  • SMason

Curious - why 6.2 still? Not trying to attack you or anything, you're a great contributor to the community and I'm sure you have a reason. Just wondering if you would be willing to share (if you haven't already)? Cheers.

From past experiences with upgrades all failed to some degree and as I'm not the owner or decision maker of the company I now have to provide proof that I can perform a successful upgrade without the loss of any of our critical systems.

I have made one upgrade test attempt on an exact duplicate of our Kaseya server and it failed because we exceeded our max license limited. I tried to get a solution from Kaseya support for the license problem but they could not help me so I decided the only option was to use a SQL script to purge the agents from the test server before I reattempt the upgrade.

The second attempt failed with several key systems not working and it was blamed on the method I used to get around the Licensing issue. Since then we have moved offices and I have had important projects to work on. I plan another attempt in the next week or two especially now that we can't use KLC anymore...

• Not that this is of any help to you HardKnoX but using the same combination of Kaseya and Chrome I 'm having no problems.

Oh and good luck with that upgrade when the time comes.