Kaseya Community

Latest Chrome Update Broke KLC Plug-In?

• I'm running OSX Lion 10.7 and Chrome recently updated to a new version. Ever since, KLC Plug-In Manager won't load. When I try to initiate a connection to another machine I receive an error across the top of the browser saying, "Could not load Plug-In Manager". When I close the error I'm presented with the "Install Plug-In" window, which sits there stuck at 0%. I pulled up my Chrome plug-in settings and verified the Plug-In Manager is installed and enabled. Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

• Im seeing something similar here.

For other reasons I reinstalled Chrome, which gave me the latest version, and when I signed into Kaseya I was prompted to install the Live Connect Plugin. When I attempted to do so Chrome gave me the message that "Extensions, apps, and user scripts can only be added from the Chrome Web Store."

How can I get the plugin installed ?

Thanks,

Tim

• Google changed its policies in the latest version of Chrome and only allows extensions that are registered with Google to be installed automatically.  Check out the article below for a possible fix.

community.kaseya.com/.../1033.aspx

• Thanks for your reply, Max. Unfortunately, those instructions apply to Windows machines. I'm using a Mac. I checked the user preferences folder (Mac's registry), but couldn't find any relation. Can you provide me with instructions on how to get KLC working in Chrome from my Mac running OSX 10.7.5. Thank you.

• I just  downloaded and installed Firefox and verified KLC works from my MBP using Firefox. Not a fan of Firefox, but I'll use it as a workaround until Kaseya provides a fix for KLC in Chrome with its latest update. Max...If you can let me know when that fix is instituted, I'd be very grateful.  Thank you!

Chuck

• Max that worked perfectly on my Win7 machine. Thanks so much.

Chuck I wish you the best of luck finding your answer for Chrome.

• Thank you, Tim.

• Chuck H, Try the following

download the pluginmanager.crx

click on settings > Plugins

then drag the pligonmanager.crx from where you downloaded it to the chrome window

you should then get a prompt to install the plugin

Cheers

• I'm trying to fix this problem as well, but I don't know where or how to download the pluginmanager.crx to manually install as you have suggested, @dram. Can anyone help?

• well when I goto the page (without plugin installed) it downloads the plugin file PluginManager.crx (normal Kaseya plugin) and PluginManagerChrome.crx (Live connect Kaseya Plugin)

You could try dl.dropbox.com/.../PluginManager.crx and dl.dropbox.com/.../PluginManagerChrome.crx but id assume the plugin manager are version specific

To get the live connect one I did have to click the install manually button before it would download pluginmanagerchrome

• I can install the Plugins, And it will open the Liveconnect and work.

The issue I have is every single time I close chrome or refresh the page I have to reinstall the plugins.

• Still getting "Could not load plug-in manager" after manual installation.

• Is there anyone else from Kaseya, other than Max, reading this post?  Are there any plans to get your installers on the Play store which will make everyone's life a little easier?

• Alistair Curran

Is there anyone else from Kaseya, other than Max, reading this post?  Are there any plans to get your installers on the Play store which will make everyone's life a little easier?

That would be nice. I second this.

• @Alistair and @Devon - I'll will have some internal conversations about this and get back to you here.