Kaseya Community

KLC RDP to Terminal Server

This question is not answered

Hi There!

I have been told that you currently can't connect via KLC (RDP) to a Server with the Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) role installed. It's not something I'd come across before but i am interested to know if it's a limitation that is known by the community?

Cheers

All Replies
  • Not true. You can connect with RDP to any Windows computer.

• Do you have any terminal servers (not remote admin) you can specifically test this with? I have it from Development that it's never worked which I dispute but I would need hard evidence to support a claim against it.

• If you have any trouble, one possible reason is this registry value: technet.microsoft.com/.../cc782195(v=ws.10).aspx

Also, in the last step, you can just restart the "Remote Desktop Services" service instead of rebooting: sc stop TermService & sc start TermService

It is possible to script these steps as well.

• Ohhhh... I see what you're talking about now.

The RDP function from the Remote Control page works fine. I've been using it for years.

The RDP function from Live Connect does not seem to work. I tried on two terminal servers just now and they closed right away. Interesting.

• RDP working OK for me via Live Connect to a 2008 R2 server with Terminal Services role installed.

I've only tested on a single server but clearly this is not a problem affecting all RDS servers.

• Combo: and this is definitely using the RDP via KLC as opposed to VNC and NOT using the remote control tab?