Kaseya Community

how to deal with existing MBAM installs

• a lot of our clients have installed the free version of MBAM. some have the latest available, others are a few versions behind. as always with Kaseya it seems to only sometimes report those installs. im fine with it missing them, as i have views to accomplish this.

my main question for discussion is, how do you deal with existing versions? since, from what i am seeing, KAM insalls right next to it. can we remove existing installs from the module?do you script uninstalls? manually uninstall?

• Personally, I have a procedure to search for all Malwarebyte installations and if it not present do nothing; if it is, remove it.

• Oscar,

Would you be able to share that procedure?  We are starting to deploy KAM and are running into that issue.

• Unfortunately, I cannot share the procedure; I can share with you the following:

- There is a registry entry within every Malwarebytes installation which you can save to a variable and execute as command shell.  It's quite simple and provides a great success rate.