Kaseya Community

Update to the new version of MBAM?

• Anyone from Kaseya want to comment on if there is a plan to update to the new version of MalwareBytes any time soon?

Just curious on that.  There are a few features that my techs have been using of the new version that right now they are having to download the "trial" for  in order to utilize on some machines that have been infected.  (most specifically the new "chameleon" tool.)

• I do know they are planning on putting KES, KAM, KAV all into one module. Dont know if that including any additional features or just new UI.

Check the product road map.

• They should make them fully functional and useful first.  

• I'm actually on the phone with Meghana right now discussing KAM and yes we do plan on continuing to update KAM.  And no, I don't have any additional details.  Can you post which "new" features your techs are using?

• at this point the $1600 I spent on MBAM was a complete waste of money...its so far behind in version it might as well not be installed.

• Why did you say KAM is "so far behind in version".

The current version of MalwareBytes is 1.60. Kaseya version is 1.50

[edited by: guillaume.serton at 2:33 AM (GMT -7) on 7 Sep 2012] .
  • Because MBAM 1.50 was released in November 2010...last I checked this was year 2012

forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php

Here is combined fixes and enhancements since 1.50..obviously nothing much has changed with exception of 50 odd items.

Obviously I would have expected every update to be available immediately but at least try to keep up with the versions that provide fixes or enhancements that would be beneficial Like this item

4. Fixed issue where Ignore List was not honored by the Protection Module.

Or how about this item:

2.Incremental updates (paid version only). - I know my B/W would have really been helped by this item

This would have been nice too

Scheduled updates now occur within 15 minutes of scheduled time.

So overall, no..we are not far behind at all....if you consider 1.62 was released in July 2012 and it hasn't been 21 months since we got an update to the program let alone the management interface.  The mangement interface I can understand not being updated if the MBAM api doesn't really support it..but FFS...you could have at least updated the program itself.

Version 1.51 (May 31st, 2011)

Overall Improvements:

1. Scheduling has been simplified, including relocation of scheduler.

2. Website Blocking is now disabled when protection is turned off.

3. Logs are sorted by date automatically.

4. Updating is now much more efficient.

5. All HKCU settings can now be set in HKLM to override user settings.

6. Protection module now more efficient in terms of I/O read bytes.

New Features:

1. 14-day trial of the PRO version is now available. This is optional to all users.

2. Scheduler now has an edit button.

3. User is now notified of program updates awaiting installation.

Issues Fixed:

1. Fixed ignore list not working for default registry data, i.e. for Broken.OpenCommand.

2. Add to ignore list menu item is now left enabled if show tooltip balloon is unchecked.

3. User is now able to update from the system tray even if the scanner is open.

4. Fixed full scan drive list updating issue.

5. Fixed issue with protection module not honoring ignore list after an item is restored from the quarantined.

6. Date format on update tab is now the same as the system tray.

Version 1.51.1 (Released July 14, 2011)

Issues Fixed:

1. Fixed minor updating issues.

2. Fixed issue with trials expiring too early.

3. Fixed GUI language bugs.

4. Fixed issue where Ignore List was not honored by the Protection Module.

5. Fixed issue where limited users were prompted to update an outdated database.

Version 1.51.2 (Released September 12, 2011)

Issues Fixed:

1. Fixed issue with users with { or } in user account names.

2. Internal bugfixes.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.0.1800 (Released December 27th, 2011)

New Features:1.Malwarebytes Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running even when blocked by infection.

2.Incremental updates (paid version only).

3.Ability to password protect key program settings (paid version only).

Improvements:1.Improved reliability and performance of the update process.

2.Detection and removal engine enhancements.

3.System tray icon now dynamically displays selected language.

4.Settings for Protection Module behavior can be changed without protection being active.

5.Improved DOR (Delete On Reboot) technology to enhance threat removal process.

6.Restructured log formats to include greater detail on system information and detected threats.

7.Improved error messages to make them more user friendly.

8.Scheduled updates now occur within 15 minutes of scheduled time.

9.Custom log locations now displayed in Logs tab.

10.Protection logs can be saved in custom locations.

11.Program version release date now displayed on About tab.

Issues Fixed:1.Fix for database not updating properly on Czech installations of Microsoft Windows.

2.Fix for certain scenarios where scans failed to complete.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000 (Released January 30th, 2012)

Issues Fixed:

• Fixed issue resulting in freezes in certain third-party security products on Windows XP.

• Fixed issue where ignore list was not reloaded after a database update.

• Fixed issue where certain malformed ignore list data would result in a mbamcore.dll crash.

• Fixed issue where desktop icon was not created on certain upgrade installations.

• Fixed issues with Dutch, Belarusian, and Korean language files.

• Added Greek language file.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61 (Released April 9th, 2012)

Improvements:

1. Up to 25% faster Quick scans for 64-bit operating systems.

2. Chameleon usability enhancements.

3. Enhanced reliability of program updates with additional security checks.

4. Password command line enhancements (paid version only).

Issues Fixed:

1. Scheduled scan logs now include accurate protection status.

2. Context menu 'Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' now displays in selected language.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.62 (Released July 11th, 2012)

New Features:

1. New advanced program updater improves upgrade speed and reduces needed bandwidth

Improvements:

1. Enhanced Chameleon (v1.61) technologies to handle the latest threats

2. Simplified PRO trial option in the installer

3. Installation wizard now includes more information and guidance

4. Streamlined and optimized database update module

5. Updated System Requirements

6. Logs enhanced to show drives and paths scanned

Issues Fixed:

1. Fixed bug with scheduled scans

2. Korean language now displayed correctly in language drop down menu

• So..I used KSDU to upgrade MBAM running on my test workstation running KAM and it worked succesfully.  My workstation now has version 1.65 on it and making changes to profiles is working just fine.

Still worknig out 2 issues:

#1 - the console still shows KAM version to be 1.50 (cosmetic so I don't care too much) and I cannot get the KAM gui running in the taskbar so of course when a website doesn't work the End user doesn't actually know why the page says it cannot be found as they haven't seen the notification message in the tray icon..

Outside of that, seems to be fine....

Guessing if we downloaded the trial of mbam and installed it would also work just fine and apply the existing key to it...

Just puts you into a Kaseya unsupposed position..which is ok most times...

EDIT - my god I hate typing on a tablet....feel like I am in grade school again.

[edited by: Mark.Hodges at 1:56 PM (GMT -7) on 13 Sep 2012] my god I hate typing on a tablet....feel like I am in grade school again.