Kaseya Community

mbam process running way too high on many machines

• After installing KAM, we noticed the mbam on quite a few machines at our clients location is running very high (CPU) and we've been forced to disable it.   Is there any reason why this would happen?

We are currently using Trend WFBS as their AV, and I thought maybe disabling the 'Enable Protection When Windows' starts option may help but I just made the change so I haven't seen much of a difference just yet.    We have the scheduled scans to run on Thursdays, Quick, at 1130pm - then updates are on a schedule as well.   I'm trying to avoid letting KAM do anything outside of the designated times I've specified which is part of why it's so frustrating  

I'm really hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of this.  I really like the idea of having KAM running on schedule as I know it has lots of benefits, but slowing down machines like this is definitely not good.

• what's the machine specs?  I've found it does slow down machines that are underpowered/old.

• They are on the relatively newer side, I mean I really don't think these machines should have trouble because they are underpowered:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, Model 23 Stepping 10

RAM - 3GB

Win XP SP3

• We have stopped selling KAV and KAM to windows XP users.... it just kills the machines.  If you want to have the services on there, than i would recommend turning all proactive services off.  Yup... what a waste.  Upgrade to 7 and have at least 4GB Ram.  

• We run KES and KAM on plenty of XP machines without any issue - I wouldn't expect a problem with those hardware specs.

@jrocker - your negativity is getting really old. I haven't seen a single post from you that was remotely helpful or insightful. If you don't have anything positive to contribute, why bother? These forums are intended for people looking for help, not for trolling.

• I can only laugh.. you're 100% correct @Kerry - My applogies.  I'll knock it off.  

I would like to know the Configs that you guys have on the XP machines.  Pretty much all of our users complain... but maybe that's because we listen so damn well.

Thanks all.

• No worries, @jrocker... catch more flies with honey than vinegar, right? Sounds like you've been through the ringer a bit but glad that you're coming back around... the more quality discussion we get in here the better off we'll all be, methinks.

The average XP machine we're running KAM on is about 2GHz/ 2GB RAM, but we've never heard a peep of KAM performance issues... KES will kill productivity while scanning, but we do that all at night.

We did get hit by the bad KES update about a month ago (ouch) but seems fine now. Really looking forward to new AVG and MBAM engines. I'm sure it will probably all be discussed this week in Vegas...

Cheers.