Kaseya Community

KAM version no longer supported by definitions?

  • Hello all,

    I'm getting the following message when attempting to open Malwarebytes / KAM.  I deleted the "%allusersprofile%\Malwarebytes\rules.ref" definition file and re-opened, which forced another definition download and ended up with this same message.  Since Kaseya's implementation of Malwarebytes is 3-4 versions old now, have we reached the end of definition database support for our version?  Anyone else seeing this?

  • Just a follow up... it must have been a bad definition update, as it appears to be working correctly now.  I still have concerns with how far behind KAM is fallilng on updates, much like KES.  I can't imagine releasing the newest build of KAM would be terribly difficult to implement, as most if not all command line options have not changed.  The latest Malwarebytes introduced incremental updates, drastically reducing bandwidth requirements for keeping MBAM up-to-date.  What's the story?

  • We've seen this across our entire KAM-installed base within the last 24 hours.  We opened a ticket nearly 24 hours ago and followed up with a phone call but we've yet to year from a "KAM expert".

    I was able to perform an update via the VSA on a couple of machines and that cleared up the problem, but then our KAM machines disappeared from the VSA.  The agents are still there, and those same machines show up within KAV, but if you go to KAM it can't find any devices.  I've verified that the records still exist within the database, but something is out of whack.  Not having heard from support in 24 hours we're preparing to simply restore the database and see if that resolves the issue.

  • Good grief, still no word from Kaseya and we opened the ticket nearly 48 hours ago.  We've called support a couple of times and have been told that a specialist would call us back.  We were also told that if the specialist didn't call us yesterday afternoon we'd hear from a support manager by the end of the day.  We didn't.  Finally had to call our sales rep.  

  • Arrgh. 47 hours after the ticket was opened, and 15 hours of diagnostics on our part, and Kaseya fixed the problem in 2 minutes by deleting cruft that had accumulated in the KAM tables.  With the cruft gone our machines are once again showing up in the KAM module.

    As for the original problem, the "incompatible database" issue, it appears to be a problem with Malwarebytes 1.5 that's been resolved in 1.6.  Kaseya has not started work on upgrading KAM to Malwarebytes 1.6.

  • We've found that most of the time that we see the invalid database error, deleting the rules.ref off of the endpoint and re-running the update will resolve the issue.  

    win 7 / vista:

    C:\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

    C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

    winXP:

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref