Kaseya Community

Does KAM work on Windows Terminal Server

This question is not answered
Does it work? Any known issues you have to workaround or put up with? Is it effective or because its a terminal server enviroment it has holes in its protection compared to a normal windows 7 desktop? thanks Matt
All Replies
  • haven't tried it but i guess it should. Not sure about how much resources it would require for each user. Intresting question !

• Been doing some testing and it appears to work ok with minimum impact on performance and not annoying end users - Can't be 100% sure though if it is effectively doing its job for all users though, not sure how to test that

• Download the eicar test virus and test?

• Official answer: MalwareBytes doesn't support servers.

Unofficial answer: Most server installations work without issue, and when we've seen issues, they are generally minor performance related, and are remediated by uninstalling KAM.

Regards,

Travis

Kaseya Support

• thanks Travis !

• We installed KAM on our internal terminal server and one of our clients last week. No issues so far. Performance impact is minimal, as the service does not run as each user, it is a system process. I was worried at first that the process would launch under each user session but it did not.

• A couple weeks ago we installed KAM on our Farm. (about 70 virtual machines) Can say it is not a success to install it on a Citrix Farm with 70 servers. We had to uninstall them all beceause our clients were complaining about having problems and performance issues. Cost us about 3 hours to uninstall them all. (Same with KAV, that was a big issue as well)

I found out that the problem is that the virtual servers all have there data stored on our data server. (NAS, NetApp SAN) So the NetApp was getting checked 70 times witch is not a success. I am going to install the KAM and KAV on a single server witch has the rights to access the NetApp on all disks and maps. So with this solution I hope the performance will not be a issue. (instead of 70 machines checking theire C:\, D:\ or more disks, there is only 1 machine checking the NetApp.)