Kaseya Community

Anyone created an uninstall script for Malwarebytes free version yet?

This question is answered

If you go to install KAM and the free version of malwarebytes is already installed it will fail installing and say the free version needs to be uninstalled first.

Would be great if the KAM installer auto did this like KAV does for KES since if your a malwarebytes fan then you probablly already have it installed on most machines and I don't want to manually need to touch every machine.

I'm going to have a look into writing a script now to uninstall it but if anyone has already done this if you could post it here.
Let me know if your interested and I'll post what I create here for use.

Verified Answer
  • Just run the "uninstall" command from KAM and it will uninstall previous versions of MBAM (with or without any KAM installed).

The problem is that we *need* version 1.50.1.11 or beyond so that we can control it.  There are new APIs that are being added (and many more coming as well) that help us...and the previous versions don't have those features.

I had lunch with Marcin & Marcus this week from MBAM...looking forward to a lot of new APIs that will really help us.

Jeff

All Replies
  • Just run the "uninstall" command from KAM and it will uninstall previous versions of MBAM (with or without any KAM installed).

The problem is that we *need* version 1.50.1.11 or beyond so that we can control it.  There are new APIs that are being added (and many more coming as well) that help us...and the previous versions don't have those features.

I had lunch with Marcin & Marcus this week from MBAM...looking forward to a lot of new APIs that will really help us.

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff - stupid oversight on my behalf.

FYI if anyone needs it for any difficulties, not that I think they will but since I found it, thought I'd post it,

the silent uninstall command is

unins000.exe /verysilent

• Matt - what's the location of the uninstaller for MBAM? Is it in c:\windows, c:\windows\system32 or elsewhere? I would figure file path is required for this uninstall?

Dean

• Dean...Look in C:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware or a variation of this.

• Just as a warning...The "/verysilent" switch forced a reboot on a couple of computers that I tested it on.

• Use the uninstaller mbam-clean.exe and there is a switch /silentnoreboot

I assum you can download it from their site but the corporate team sent it to me.  This is good as it removes license information as well

• I used:

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART

It is completely silent and works with 1.4x and 1.5 to make it completely silent and does not force a restart. The uninstall command from KAM only works with 1.5 and above.

[edited by: rostonal at 8:45 AM (GMT -8) on 3-3-2011] Added: The uninstall command from KAM only works with 1.5 and above.