Kaseya Community

When will Kaseya be updating KAM to Malwarebytes 3.0?

• It looks pretty good, especially with that anti-ransomware piece.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/191748-announcing-malwarebytes-30-a-next-generation-antivirus-replacement/

• *bump*

• That's a very, very interesting product. Version 1.80 isn't really that new anymore.

And having anti-exploit and anti-ransomware would be a nice plus...

Kaseya, any plans about this?

• 2nd on the ransomware piece!

• Agreed

• *bump*

• I think this is an AV though, not just anti-malware. I don't see it happening because it would make all the work they have put into KAV pointless.

• *bump*

• I was told by MWB that this is being done Q1 2018. So, they said it is in development.

• I have read that Kaseya AntiMalware module deploys Malwarebytes AntiMalware version 1.8, not the latest 3.0. Kaseya AntiMalware module uses Malwarebytes AntiMalware Business Edition, which is currently version 1.8. Version 3.x is a "Home" edition and not suitable for their customers.
    modem wifi password

• I think is right.

• The latest business version of Malwarebytes is 1.8.  The retail version of 3.0 is out but we don't work with the retail version.  The plan is to support Malwarebytes 3.0 in 9.6 that will come out in the 1st quarter of 2018.  Malwarebytes will be releasing their business version of 3.0 around the end of the year (this is what we have been told).

• I had an interesting discussion with the MalwareBytes reps that were at the Kaseya Connect Conference several months ago, where they explained this.  Basically the "home" version for them will always be the place that gets that newest features, etc first.  They do this so that by the time that they roll out the features to the "Business" version that the features have been more fully vetted and are less likely to cause problems for business customers.  

Basically they are using the "home" users as the beta testers :)