Kaseya Community

Change KAV Password in 9.4.x

• I'm currently using 9.4.0.19 with the new KAV module and I'd like to be able to change the password. I can't find a way to set the password through a script or setting. Is there any way to do this other than uninstalling and reinstalling with a new password?

• Hi Cmorrow, Currently you have to reinstall.  I think this is a great feature, and I will add this as a feature request.

- Charles

• Thanks

• It is actually possible to change the Kaspersky password on the local Kaspersky client.

If you start the GUI, go to Settings, Advanced Settings, Interface and then the Settings option behind the option "Enable password protection". You can change the Username and Password here and after selecting OK the old password is needed to confirm the change.

After rebooting the machine the new password is also used to delete KAV from the machine. The only issue then is, in Kaseya the field "Antivirus Password" in the KAV module is not updated. Charles, could you provide the correct table and field to update in the database? That would make this very usable....

Enjoy, Eric.

ps: Just forgot one thing: it only works in 10.2.5.3201 - so, the most recent KAV version.

Added it only works in the current latest version - 10.2.5.3201
    [edited by: OudjesEric at 1:53 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 29, 2017]