Kaseya Community

KAV Installation via Template/Policy?

This question is answered

I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to automate the KAV installation via a Procedure that could be applied to a Template or Policy?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Tim / marshallmo,

Speaking on KAV New (not Classic) we have KAV in policy management.  You can choose a profile to associate with the policy and KAV will be installed if the policy is applied to a new machine.  Please be aware that once KAV is installed this will automatically cause the endpoint(s) to reboot to finish the install.  

On that note we are developing reboot options in the new KAV module that will be similar to the ones available Software Management.  This will be released in a future patch.

- Charles

All Replies
  • Tim,

I must have been entering my ticket in about this the same time you asked on the forum.

I have Ticket 177506 opened as of 11:37 AM asking a similar question.

Below is the description of my ticket.

"Is there a way to automatically install KAV whenever a new agent comes online?

We have a customer that installs the Kaseya Agent via login script. We don't know of a way to automate the rollout of the KAV installation though."

Will let you know what I find out.

MM

• Hi Tim / marshallmo,

Speaking on KAV New (not Classic) we have KAV in policy management.  You can choose a profile to associate with the policy and KAV will be installed if the policy is applied to a new machine.  Please be aware that once KAV is installed this will automatically cause the endpoint(s) to reboot to finish the install.  

On that note we are developing reboot options in the new KAV module that will be similar to the ones available Software Management.  This will be released in a future patch.

- Charles

• Charles,
    Thanks for that info.
    Does that work in both 9.3 and 9.4 as long as we are using KAV New?
  • Hi marshallmo,

Yes.

• be carefull with the policy, we test it and it will install directly KAV on the machine without any warning and reboot the device after installation. After seeing this we disable the policy and manually deploy KAV.