For whatever reason, I'm now having the strangest issue when trying to push KAV/Kaspersky to any computer at my workplace. Whenever I try to do an install, repair, or connect install, I get a message saying "insufficient resources to perform operation", followed by a giant string of other errors.
The following is what else shows up besides that "insufficient resources to perform operation" message:
at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.SendInternal(Object obj, MessageQueueTransaction internalTransaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType) at Rhino.ServiceBus.Msmq.OpenedQueue.SendInSingleTransaction(Message message) in e:\trunks\rhinoesb-latest\rhino-esb\Rhino.ServiceBus\Msmq\OpenedQueue.cs:line 110 at Rhino.ServiceBus.Impl.OnewayBus.Send(Object msgs) in e:\trunks\rhinoesb-latest\rhino-esb\Rhino.ServiceBus\Impl\OnewayBus.cs:line 22 at Kaseya.SimpleServiceBus.Transport.SimpleOneWayRhinoServiceBus.Send[T](String routingKey, T message) in C:\Data\svn\kaseya\NetworkDiscovery\branches\v1.1\Kaseya.SimpleServiceBus\Transport\SimpleOneWayRhinoServiceBus.cs:line 64 at Kaseya.SimpleServiceBus.Transport.SimpleOneWayRhinoServiceBus.Publish[T](T message) in C:\Data\svn\kaseya\NetworkDiscovery\branches\v1.1\Kaseya.SimpleServiceBus\Transport\SimpleOneWayRhinoServiceBus.cs:line 38 at Kaseya.SecurityCenter.Web.Controllers.KAVController.AVInstall(List`1 agentGuids, Int32 wksProfileId, Int32 serverProfileId, String schedule, Int32 distribution, Boolean allowReboot, Boolean uninstallOtherAV, Boolean skipIfOffline, String uninstallPassword, Boolean promptUser)
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object parameters) at Castle.MonoRail.Framework.Controller.RunActionAndRenderView() in e:\trunks\castlesvn\MonoRail\Castle.MonoRail.Framework\Controller.cs:line 1683 at Castle.MonoRail.Framework.BaseHttpHandler.Process(HttpContext context) in e:\trunks\castlesvn\MonoRail\Castle.MonoRail.Framework\BaseHttpHandler.cs:line 96
Error processing MonoRail request. Action AVInstall on controller KAV
at Castle.MonoRail.Framework.BaseHttpHandler.Process(HttpContext context) in e:\trunks\castlesvn\MonoRail\Castle.MonoRail.Framework\BaseHttpHandler.cs:line 116 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
This problem just came up today, have no idea how to resolve it and it's driving me nuts! I thought I'd do a post here first instead of the helpdesk, because for whatever reason, no one at Kaseya support has been able to connect to our VSA.
We would suggest to check on the Message queue to see if there is any high queues causing this issue, as well confirming all your Kaseya services are running properly. Please also make sure to update the ticket in support with full screenshots (including module). That will help the specialist confirm the error better, in order to troubleshoot- in this case is best to provide some available times you may have to set a session if your Kaseya server is not accessible externally or if it seems they can't connect properly.
Ok. Where in the VSA would I go to access the message queue?
Also, I have let the support person who I'm also working on some other antivirus issue know about this issue. This issue is also affecting access to other modules in the VSA, so I let them know about that too.
You can see this via your Kserver >Computer Management > Services and applications > Message Queuing > private queues. This will show you if there is any issues with the queue. I would suggest you provide that to support, so they can investigate the server and perform the steps needed to resolve.
Ok, I got onto the Kserver now. Which one of the folders under the private queues should I look at and then send a screenshot of to support?
It will be whichever one shows highest (compared to what you have seen to be "normal" other times) . I see a session has been scheduled with support at this time, they will be able to help further.
Alright, so now I've got that issue squared away. Turns out, we were not using enough memory for our SQL Server. We were only allocating 2GB out of our 16GB to the SQL Server used on our Kserver, and I was told being told that isn't efficient at all. So we ended up allocating 6GB to it now, and that seems to have done the trick.
However, I am still having some other issue. That particular issue comes down to doing an install, uninstall, repair, or connect install from the VSA itself. When doing an install, it'll push the script and run through the install just fine. After that though, it'll just sit there on "waiting for service", and then just sit there and completely ignore the reboot only to mark the install down as failed in the VSA.
Furthermore, when trying to do an repair, connect install, or uninstall, another set of problems happen. When trying to do any of those, it'll push the script fine, but then when it gets to attempting the actual process of the uninstall/connect/repair itself, it'll just sit there for a while and then eventually time out and fail.
Ok, I take back what I said. Looks like things are working the way they should be now. For whatever reason, it took a little while to get the reboot command sent to the machine. So I pushed a reboot command to the endpoint from the VSA manually, and then logged back in. A few minutes later, I noticed that that the reboot command from the install script finally ran, and now it finally marked it down as installed. Woohoo!