Kaseya Community

What happens with Classic is removed and machine checks back in?

• we are approaching a point in our conversation process where we are ready to uninstall classic. unfortunately we have a bunch of hospitality clients that have season machines with the old kav classic on them. 

the problem is they are refusing to turn them back on as they are in storage for the winter months. so my question is, if we uninstall the classic module and in May/June machines come back online with kav classic, what will happen with them? how is it reported in the VSA? will their be any negative impacts to the VSA and/or endpoint?

• If you remove classic KAV, module the tables, procedures, reports and records all continue to exist in the SQL database. In my opinion (and this is just a guess) this means you should be able to upgrade the agents to new KAV and carry on as if nothing has changed.

Until you upgrade, the agents won't be able to be managed (since you[re deleted the management module - duh), but they should continue to update definitions (from Kaspersky) and they should show up on reports.

This is just my guess but is based on prior experience with similar situations with removing other modules.

The other option is to leave classic KAV installed, but just disable access to it from the system-user security-user roles screens, for your regular VSA users - in effect 'hiding' it from all but the master admin(s) that know about the issue and can address it in a few moths time when the agents come back online.

• Hi ndadonna,

All should work if you do the upgrade with off line agents.  When the agents come back on line they should pick up where they left off and uninstall the classic and install the new KAV.  That being said the VSA will show these machines as Classic being uninstalled until the agents come back on line, but there should be no harm.

Essentially the code does the following.

1.  Gets the install KAV request.

2.  Sees that Classic is installed.

3.  Sends an Uninstall Classic request, and reports this in Pending Actions.  At this point new KAV is done and will do nothing else, until Classic reports back or User takes action in UI.

4.  Classic gets the request and Uninstalls Classic

5.  After uninstalling Classic sends a request to install new KAV.

6.  New KAV installs