Kaseya Community

Important Notice About KAV & Windows 10 Anniversary Update Patch

• This week Microsoft released Windows 10 Anniversary Patch.  Our testing shows there is incompatibility with Kaspersky Antivirus, the underlying engine in Kaseya Antivirus (KAV).  More specifically,  KAV will not install on  Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and will be uninstalled if an endpoint is upgraded to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

Kaseya has reached out to Kaspersky and can confirm they are working on an update to their software.  Kaseya will test and issue as patches for VSA R9.2 and VSA 9.3. We expect to release these patches before the end of August based on Kaspersky's delivery date to us.

Our goal in this announcement is to proactively communicate so you are able to make informed decisions about the impact of your patch upgrades.  If you are concerned you are already impacted, please log a ticket at helpdesk.kaseya.com so we can keep you apprised.  We will also post updates on community.kaseya.com.  

• What's the KB article for this? I'd like to block it until you release the KAV patch

• KB3012973 - Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

Under optional updates

• KB3159635 - We've blocked this as well. Read summary here: support.microsoft.com/.../3159635.

• Kaspersky is now reporting on their site the fix is officially out.

Here's hoping there won't be too many surprises for Kaseya on integrating this version.

• Kaseya has issued a patch today for R9.3 (9.3.0.16 help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp) which updates the underlying Kaspersky Engine to be compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update.  We are testing  the patch for R9.2 and will update this thread once it is available - planned for next week.

• Patch was pulled.

• I happen to know there was an issue with the Hotfix and Reapply Database Schema step. Nothing drastic, but enough to fail the patch installation. I expect 9.2.0.16 or maybe *.17 to come back soon....

• My 9.3 server now tells me patch 9.2.0.16 is available again, so go ahead and update....

• CAN WE PLEASE HAVE AN UPDATE ON THE AVAILABILITY OF THE WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY PATCH FOR KAV FOR USERS STILL ON 9.2? WE DO STILL EXIST, WE ARE STILL HERE, WE HAVE A FEW THOUSAND KAV ENDPOINTS AND WE ARE STILL PAYING YOU.

• I recommend you communicate your frustrations to your account manager directly as you do have a legitimate concern.

• Patch 9.2.0.22 which was tentatively planned to include the Win 10 Anniversary edition update has been delayed due to a reported issue.

Should you want to get further updates or statuses on this - I recommend creating a support ticket and/or reaching out to your customer Success Advocate.

I will provide more information on the availability of this patch as our engineering and support teams verify the status of the reported issue to me.

clarifiy
    [edited by: Nicolas Ponce at 3:22 PM (GMT -7) on Sep 13, 2016]
  • Thanks Oscar, this has been done, we do not seem to be getting anywhere fast though.

• Nicolas,

Thank you for your suggestions. A ticket has been raised regarding this - #153007. We need some answers on this urgently; we are in an unbelievably embarrassing situation with our clients now.

Cheers,

JB1975

typo
    [edited by: JB1975 at 1:54 AM (GMT -7) on Sep 14, 2016]
  • JB,

9.2.0.22 is expected to be released next week. We are trying to get it out for this Thursday along with v9.3.0.18, but we simply cannot guarantee that.