Kaseya Community

KAV - Kaspersky definition files failing to update

• Hi All,

Our Support and Engineering teams are working on identifying and addressing some of the issues with Kaspersky Anti Virus (KAV).

Below is a new KB Article that support has verified and published in order to address one one of the issues that Support is seeing with KAV:

https://kaseya.zendesk.com/entries/98844897-KAV-Kaspersky-definition-files-failing-to-update

This KB is for the following issue:

Problem

Kaspersky virus definitions are failing to update on KAV endpoints.

Please note - this article does NOT apply to situations where Kaspersky is up-to-date but Kaseya console shows it is out-of-date.

edited sticky
    [edited by: Nicolas Ponce at 9:10 AM (GMT -7) on Mar 18, 2016]
  • So far, appears to be working for me. Will update if I find that it isn't.

• Did not fix for all machines but appears to have helped quite a few. Still investigating.

• In our situation things only seem to be getting worse. Kaseya would report about one third of our 4,300 KAV installations as out-of-date. That has now gone up to two thirds. At least in the Kaseya interface.

So, the update being set to a two hour interval has only made things worse. This is getting ridiculous....

• Seems to work, however, the profiles then go out of compliance next update check and until reapplied will go out of date again.

• 0.15 released and No Fix for this as promised.

• This was supposed to be the fix to put all KAV related issues to bed.

Already bet my colleagues I was going to eat my hat if that was true... :-)

• At least their billing has no issues so they can bill their clients for all the crap that doesn't work.

• Well, to be fair to support, they do work on this issue and progress is being made. Still, it is mighty disappointing to see this module fail in a lot of ways. They are working under a lot of pressure to fix things. In another post management has even made an official statement 4 days ago on the current known issues: community.kaseya.com/.../21809.aspx

That's something I haven't seen before, not like this. So, being aware and getting it  known manages our expectations. They will solve this, I just hope it will be soon. Waiting on patch 9.2.0.16 to make a big impact...