Hey guys, around a month ago we suddenly started having issues where avp.exe would 100% a core in a machine, and slow the whole machine to a crawl. This could be resolved by rebooting or by exiting Kaspersky and restarting it, but the issue periodically comes back. This is affecting all of our clients which leads me to believe it's not an environmental issue. It seems to affect several, but not all, of the machines in a given environment. We have made no changes to our KAV policies and have not changed versions since the last release (prior to the just released Windows 10 version).
Is anyone else seeing this?
I've seen it a couple of times recently but not enough to draw any conclusions yet.
You are not alone. It is happening to us as well. Just like you it seems to be completely random on which workstations it occurs on. I have found that if I restart "System Watcher" in KAV on the affected machine, it will take care of the problem.
Is this a problem after updating to SP1 10.2.4.674?
All of my KAV clients are at version 10.2.1.23 on Windows 7 Pro.
I am also running 10.2.1.23. We've had this happen on both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro clients.
We're on Kaseya 9.1 so 10.2.4.674 isn't available for us yet.
Has there been any response to this yet? I'm having the same issue with several of my Win 7 PCs with both KAV 10.2.1 AND on the new KAV 10.2.4. avp.exe continuously uses 25% of the CPU time & 200M or more of RAM, bringing the machines to a crawl. I'm on hosted SaaS v.184.108.40.206.
Have not gotten any help so far. I submitted a ticket and I'll update this thread as I receive updates. I was hoping maybe 10.2.4 would solve the issue when we upgraded to R9.2 but it sounds like it does not.
Thank you all for reporting this issue.
I noticed JHilb submitted a ticket about 15~ minutes ago or so. (I asked support to take a look at it)
Has anyone else submitted a support ticket with this issue?
If yes, please provide the ticket # in the thread.
I just submitted ticket #120349 about this, and the related problem of defs being up to date on the PCs, but in the console they show as several days old.
Has anyone gotten any resolution on this? In my ticket they asked me to disable ALL KAV features, then enable them one by one until we find the culprit. As a single machine can take days to present the problem, this is not a realistic option, imo.
Have just started installing KAV on our client computers through Kaseya's SaaS solution.
I've noticed on a lot of our client computers that avp.exe runs at around 25% CPU a lot of time. It gets worst if I'm installing Lenovo or Toshiba updates. Has anyone found a solution to this?
FWIW, I had this problem about 6 months ago. Kaseya was never able to completely resolve it. The only workaround was to disable Self Defense -- then CPU usage returned to normal.
Thanks for your input JMargulies,
I might try disabling Self-Defense but worried that with it disabled, it could potentially cause malware to try to stop KAV or uninstall it as per Kaspersky's description of what the Self-Defense component is (https://support.kaspersky.com/9399).
Self-Defense is the component that protects Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows against malware attempting to block the application or remove it from host.
Self-Defense helps to avoid the following actions of malicious programs:
In the 64-bit Microsoft Windows Vista operating system you can also protect application files and registry keys from being modified or removed.
hanks for your input JMargulies,