Kaseya Community

Unable to Roll Out KAV since upgrade to 7.0

This question is answered

I am currently on Kaseya 7.0.0.11 and I am unable to roll out KAV to my clients. When I select the workstation and then select install nothing happens. No agent procedure get's scheduled....no "Script running" happens. As far as I can tell noting is happening.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the agent software.

I've tried 3 different supported Browsers (chrome, IE10, Safari)

I've rebooted the server and verified the installation files.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Verified Answer
  • Check the Kaseya Anti-virus service on your Kserver to ensure it is on; from the sounds of it is likely stopped.

All Replies
  • Check the Kaseya Anti-virus service on your Kserver to ensure it is on; from the sounds of it is likely stopped.

• Looks like that was the problem. Going to have to go through the logs to find out why that all of the sudden decided to not start automatically (it's set to start automatically)

• k7xps, if it helps, our KAV and KAM services don't start automatically either (despite being set to start automatically).  We have to manually start them after we IPL the kserver.

• Keep an eye on these services after any patch upgrade and so forth as they may not be automatically started.

• This is a known issue with Kaseya.  Anytime you patch the server it stops both KAm and KAV services and doesn't restart them.

• I did a recent patch upgrade to 7.0.0.15 and had no issue with KAM and KAV not starting the services.

Have done several patch upgrades in 6.5 and 7.0 without running into this issue once.

So, maybe it's a combination with OS (we are at W2K8R2) or VSA and SQL on the same server? (for us that's 2 separate machines) or....?

Eric.

• This issue occurred for me on a system with both the front-end and back-end on the same box.