Kaseya Community

Stop scan after 'x' hours

This question is answered

Is there a script or a setting we can use to stop a full scan if it is still running or stop the scan after 'x' amount of time? We had a client who couldn't access their SQL data this morning because KAV was running a full scan on the server and locked the .mdf files. The scan started at 1am, but apparently was still running at 8am this morning (which has never happened before). Ideally, if a scan is still running right when business hours starts, we'd like to have the ability to stop this scan automatically.

Verified Answer
  • Procedure KES 10 - Quick Scan.xml

KES 10: avp.com stop scan_my_computer /password=<password>

KES 10 SP1: avp.com stop scan_my_computer /login=<login> /password=<password>

scan_my_computer is the full scan

scan_qscan is the quick scan

you can get a list of all the modules through avp.com help

attached is a procedure i use that stops and the starts a quick scan. It works for x86 and x64 KES 10 and SP1. we had an error where the scan status was paused and this is how i cleared it. just remove the START parts. You could modify it and schedule to run before business hours.

All Replies
  • I am not aware of any workaround for that currently. (but would be ecstatic to hear about one)  I would recommend that you create a profile for SQL servers and add the exclusions:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/sites/usa.kaspersky.com/files/Kaspersky Lab Scan Exclusions.pdf

http://usa.kaspersky.com/sites/usa.kaspersky.com/files/Virus Scan Exclusions for Microsoft Products.pdf

They are a bit older of documents but they do a good job at defining the exclusions

• Procedure KES 10 - Quick Scan.xml

KES 10: avp.com stop scan_my_computer /password=<password>

KES 10 SP1: avp.com stop scan_my_computer /login=<login> /password=<password>

scan_my_computer is the full scan

scan_qscan is the quick scan

you can get a list of all the modules through avp.com help

attached is a procedure i use that stops and the starts a quick scan. It works for x86 and x64 KES 10 and SP1. we had an error where the scan status was paused and this is how i cleared it. just remove the START parts. You could modify it and schedule to run before business hours.