Kaseya Community

update.key expires tomorrow

This question is answered

Can anyone please enlighten me as to why the update.key file on my kserver expires tomorrow and a new one has not yet been issued from Kaseya to update my endpoints.

All 60 endpoints are reporting that license will expire in 1 day.

I have contacted Kaseya support and have been advised that a hotfix is being QA'd now but wont be available for another couple of days. When I mentioned to support that hotfix is a few days away and my license expires tomorrow therefor I have no protection I was told all we can do is wait.

Correct me if i'm wrong but we have paid for AV protection, is there no way a new key file can be issued so I don't have 60 customers calling up saying why isn't my AV working. I also don't want to be the one having to fix the infections because I had to wait for a hotfix to get a key file, is Kaseya going to pay for my time to fix customer issues because I can't charge the customer for this.

This is not good enough. Not happy Kaseya.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Travis,

Unfortunately this was not the answer to the problem.

After many calls to support to try and speak to someone and KAV not protecting my customers for 5 days I finally spoke to a technician.

Problem was the VSA was trying to talk to a proxy server that doesn't exist even though no proxy settings were specified. So I installed a proxy server on the address that the VSA was attempting to contact and the new update.key file downloaded successfully.

Brad

All Replies
  • Brad,

Information about the general licensing processes in place in KAV is available at community.kaseya.com/.../877.why-do-kav-endpoints-show-a-different-license-expiration-than-shown-in-the-kav-ui.aspx

A hotfix was released last night to add a "Fix Kaspersky Key" button to the KAV UI that will remove the currently assigned kaspersky keys from the endpoint, copy the most recent update.key and initial.key from the KServer to the endpoint, and apply both of these most recent keys.  Your endpoints that were showing the message that they will expire in one day should have correctly updated the license upon expiration of either key already on the endpoint, and the licensing process should have correctly continued.  

• Hi Travis,

Unfortunately this was not the answer to the problem.

After many calls to support to try and speak to someone and KAV not protecting my customers for 5 days I finally spoke to a technician.

Problem was the VSA was trying to talk to a proxy server that doesn't exist even though no proxy settings were specified. So I installed a proxy server on the address that the VSA was attempting to contact and the new update.key file downloaded successfully.

Brad