Kaseya Community

KAV (6.0.4.1611) compatible with Office 2013?

This question is not answered

Quick question,

Can anyone confirm whether KAV 6.0.4.1611 is compatible with Office 2013? We've been having some bizarre issues with Excel randomly crashing on new systems with KAV installed, running Windows 7 and Office 2013.

I have been unable to find any documentation anywhere that confirms/nor denies compatibility. 

Thanks,
Spencer 

All Replies
  • We have that installed on about 10 computers and have not seen this. But then all environments are different.

• Yes, we have other computers with Office 2013 installed on them and haven't had any issues with them up until this point. Kaspersky doesn't officially list Office 2013 as being compatible:

support.kaspersky.com/6961

I've removed KAV from one of the problematic workstations today, so we'll see if the issue goes away. (I've tried about everything else known to man: (Removed/disabled add-ins, added Excel to trusted applications in KAV, performed a full repair of the Office suite).

• I've seen similar issues to this when the previous antivirus was not completely uninstalled (or had bits / pieces it left behind).  Best to log a ticket with KSupport and they will get to the bottom of it.

Jeff