Kaseya Community

KAV / roll-out of Kaspersky patch 'E'

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi, does anyone know if Kaseya is rolling out Kaspersky patch 'E' (http://support.kaspersky.com/9216) as part of KAV, or should this happen automatically?

The reason I ask is that one of our customers has reported seeing a dialogue box from KAV:  'your PC is missing updates that can help it improve it's stability' which provides a link that when clicked indicates 'you don't have the latest version of Kaspersky'.

Thanks, David.

All Replies
  • Bump.

I have found that neither Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0.4.1611 patch E or patch J are being automatically applied to our endpoints, despite the correct update settings in the local KAV console. Manually running 'update' works without error but these patches do not appear to be downloaded or installed.

support.kaspersky.com/9216

support.kaspersky.com/9694

Can anyone else confirm this?

Kaseya support - any comment?

We are seeing an increasing number of KAV 6.0.4.1611 endpoints throwing 'desktop heap allocation failure' errors, users unable to right click or launch applications, etc, and I'm wondering if these hotfixes may go some way to addressing this?

Thanks,

David

• Hello,

To address the patch E issue - currently, Kaseya uses a customized build with Kaspersky which Patch E is not designed for.  Our next release of Kaseya Security Center will incorporate Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 (OEM version) for our clients.  

Kaspersky has acknowledged the desktop heap issue and and currently have debug environments to troubleshoot the issue.  We are waiting on them for a resolution.

Oscar

Kaseya Support

• So, why can't a patch be designed for this cusomized build?

I cannot begin to tell you what a headache this has been and continues to be.

-Wayne

• Wayne,

We have communicated this with Kaspersky, however they are still looking to develop some sort of fix for your clients.  

We are currently in Controlled Release testing for our KSC (Kaseya Security Center) module which offers Kaspersky Endpoint 10 to our clients.

• Are there any updates on this? I have been running into this issue on several computers.

• Also keen for an update. One endpointof very VIP client was found to have this issue after many weeks of getting nowhere fast with the user reporting machine not usable and often requiring multiple reboots to be usable. This post ID'd problem for us and we subsequently removed KAV for that user. That in turn prompted us to put in a monitor for Event 243 and we are seeing at least 2-3/day now (unreported by users but exact same KAV version and issue). We are having to swap them over to KES to which is not our preferred ongoing solution.

• WHERE ARE MY DAMN UPDATES!!!! I AM STUCK ON THIS KAV TEST PILOT FOR SECURITY CENTER AND HAVE NOT HAD AN UPDATE SINCE AUGUST!!!!!!!

COME ON KASEYA GET YOUR *** TOGETHER

• Josh,

If you have not been told so - I strongly recommend removing KSC as I have been told Kaseya is going a different direction in respect to the security modules.

• Oscar for real? I really liked the way that was headed.

So how do i remove that and bring in KAV and KAM? And i also loose kaspersky endpoint 10 huh? Thats really going to set me off and i will be wanting an explanation on that one.

• We've considered rolling back but it would leave us in the position where we would need to remove KAV10 from deployed systems and downgrade, and still be without Windows 8 AV support.  We sent the above information to Kaseya and we're waiting for information.  

• Josh,

Yes it is unfortunate - but that is the direction where Kaseya is headed in regards to the security modules.  From what I understand you should have already been contacted on proper removal of the module (It requires a few steps to ensure the revert process is successful).

From what I have gathered, KES10 will still be utilized in the Winter release of KAV.

• I'm waiting for KES 10.1 to be implemented, as that adds Win 8.1 and 2012 R2 support.