Kaseya Community

More KAV 1.3 insanity

• Is anyone else having issue with the registry guard in proactive defence?

When we attempt to connect to a desktop via Live Connect that has 1.3 they user is prompted 3 or 4 times by KAV to allow .

Anyone worked out how to add a global exclusion for that area in the registry?

response from Support  below ..

Unfortunately, Kaseya does not have a supported way to add the path on a global level. That will have to be assigned as a Feature Request.

A feature .. to allow Live Connect to work properly again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DETAIL - 

Process is trying to write value in system registry key that belongs to System Services group and contains list of system services. These keys control the list of system services.

You are advised to grant access to these settings if you want to install/uninstall a driver or system service, and to deny access in other cases.

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Ktvn_PRPLCxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Value: ImagePath

Old data (No value type):

New data (Unicode string (with environmental variable references)):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\PRPLCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\DesktopAccess\Ktvnserver.exe" -portableservice -servername Ktvn_PRPLCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -inidirectory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\PRPLCxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\DesktopAccess"

[edited by: SteveMorris at 12:47 AM (GMT -7) on 4-4-2012] over it
  • Yes we have seen KAV 1.3 blocking Live Connect few times. Also seen it blocking KDSU deployments.

• I did the CR testing for KAV 1.3 and found this issue previously. There is a hotfix on the way for when you put in an exclusion, it will be excluded from ALL modules. I have found how to modify this via the XML file, but the quicker workaround is to disable Proactive Defense until the hotfix comes out. There is also a utility that you can merge the globaltrustedapps.xml file and any exact trusted apps you have in a profile, but I cannot recall it directly. Look for a post by Inbar in the forum for the past couple of weeks, and it will tell you exactly how to do it. I hope this helps.

• We released a hotfix related to the issues mentioned here. If you still have any outstanding ticket related to this issue, please update this thread  with the ticket number or email meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com

• Quick note to say goodbye to those in the forum i have communicated with over the years. Having used K over 5 years we finally had enough and have just finished the migration to Labtech.Best thing we have ever done

Cheers

[edited by: SteveMorris at 10:18 PM (GMT -7) on Mar 12, 2013] .