Kaseya Community

KAV not installing anymore after 1.3

• Upgraded to KAV 1.3 two weeks ago and I went a week upgrading a bunch of PCs and didnt run into too many problems. All of a sudden Thursday I cant install KAV on any machine.  Trying on machines in the same environment that I was able to upgrade with no problem prior to Thursday. Anyone else experiencing this?

• I've had few machines where KAV installation fails. From agent logs:

KAV: Get Install Log
    Script Summary: Failed THEN in step 1
    KAV: Get Install Log
    FAILED to create THEN step 1, Get File. Error = Invalid Parameter
    KAV: Install KAV For Workstation
    Script Summary: Success THEN
    KAV: Install KAV
    Script Summary: Success THEN

And reason for that seems to be missing log file. Havent digged deeper but just sent a ticket to Kaseya. 

• Yea, Support is trying to say the problem is on the PCs but I find that hard to believe. Everything was working smoothly up until Thursday. I got the updated version installed on ~ 230 machines in a few days. Then the past 5 days I think I got it installed on a hand ful and that was remoting onto every machine to see where the hold up was and doing manual reboots and then the profiles or updates arent working if it did install. Its like the process is broken, if I do an upgrade from KAV 1.2 to 1.3 it sits at Uninstalling KAV and then if I remote onto the PC it prompts for reboot, this was automatic before, then after it installs KAV 1.3 it prompts for a reboot again before using the product. So something is definately different than before.

• We are having the same problem, I dont even get a reboot option.  It just sits their at uninstalling.  I have tried to reboot and uninstall and reinstall but no good.  I have logged a ticket as well.

• My problems has been occuring on few random machines.

• gdoubinin, did you just start having that problem or was that a problem since day one with KAV 1.3?

• we have had the problem from the beginning.  New installs went great but not so great on the upgrades.  We tried on 4 machines and had problems on all four.

Grant

• Check if you can find avsetup.rep file in KAV installation folder. Its just a plain text file probably telling why Kaspersky didn't install.

• Heres few reasons I've encountered:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations Setup cannot be performed, because some third-party application is already installed on the host: McAfee Anti-Virus File System Filter Driver. To run the installation please remove third-party software using Microsoft Windows tools

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations Setup cannot be performed, because some third-party application is already installed on the host: ESET NOD32 file on-access scanner. To run the installation please remove third-party software using Microsoft Windows tools

And these softwares have been correctly uninstalled trough control panel, but apparently their uninstallers leave some garbarge behind.

• Yea I've noticed 1.3 is very picky with having traces of older AV products on the PC.

Try running McAfee removal tool if you havent already.

download.mcafee.com/.../MCPR.exe

• I actually ended to remove some McAfee installation traces trough registry editor since couldn't figure how run MCRP silent.  I made uninstall script for eset using this tool: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

Just run "ESETUninstaller.exe /nosafemode /force" and you don't need to reboot to safemode. You can make pretty simple Agent Procedure to clean computers. 

Today I faced new problem:

MSI (s) (BC:80) [14:54:05:721]: Note: 1: 1722 2: InstallDriverKlim6X86 3: c:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\netcfg.exe 4: -g klim6 -l "c:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.inf" -t "c:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.cat" -z klim6.cat -c s -n kl_klim6 -i

CustomAction InstallDriverKlim6X86 returned actual error code -2147180503 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

MSI (s) (BC:80) [14:54:05:721]: Product: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallDriverKlim6X86, location: c:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\netcfg.exe, command: -g klim6 -l "c:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.inf" -t "c:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.cat" -z klim6.cat -c s -n kl_klim6 -i

Put this to my generic KAV 1.3 problem ticket, but would be nice to know if anyones here faced problems with this. Already got suggestion to empty c:\windows\temp but didn't help.

• List of incompatible apps

support.kaspersky.com/.../install

Two options for checking incompatible apps:

Run GSI tool

support.kaspersky.com/.../getsysteminfo.zip

Upload log to http://www.getsysteminfo.com

Check “possibly incompatible software”

2. Run:

c:\Temp\KAV\setupWks.exe

OR

"c:\temp\KAV\setupWks.exe" /pSECRETPASSWORD=SeedPassword /pKLUNINSTPASSWD=KaseyaUninstall /l"c:\temp\KAV\testinstall.log"

This will list incompatible apps. Only run this if the install has already failed otherwise it might actually install!

Thanks Trav !

• Yeah I've been running GSI with support. Found "Ask Toolbar" and some remains of McAfee. I'm 100% sure this machine has never had McAfee installed (we never sold single licence), but then HP OEM delivers some try now installation. Uninstalled toolbar and ran MSCP.exe. Anyways I'm not getting same error, but a new one:

Srcdir C:\windows\TEMP\{8F023021-A7EB-45D3-9269-D65264C81729}\
    Targetdir c:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\
    FindFirstFile *.key
    The first file found is init.key
    Copy file successful.
    FindFirstFile *.eyk
    FindFirstFile failed. Invalid File Handle. GetLastError reports 2

MSI (s) (90:84) [11:33:37:281]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=RbUninstallServiceKl1Sys,,
    AddLicenseFile return point

• Support has given me the fix or temporary fix (we'll find out) for KAV installs failing or halting. Was able to install KAV on some machines that were giving me a headache the past 3 weeks.

On your Kaseya App server > Open Server Mgr > Features > Private Msg Queue > Kes Service

Right Click Disgarded > All Tasks > Purge

• Glad we arent the only ones given the above as a fix. Seems to help until the queues clogs up again

Still no fix just workaround