KAV Project Update

Forums

Forums
Forums, discussions, and Q&A for all products.

KAV Project Update

• 1.  KAV 1.3 is in QA for detailed testing .
             - KAV1.3 is currently built using the Kaspersky 6.0.4.1424 Business versions for server and workstation
               - Target to release in preview server by mid Feb. 

2. KAV 1.4
                    We are having planning discussion about the product road-map here in KAV team, and we’d like to hear your thoughts.

We’ve created a 1-minute survey (3 quick questions) so we can better understand your needs. Please click here to start
     the survey.

We appreciate your feedback and insights!

Thanks again,
    Kaseya Antivirus team

• Hello Meghana,

where can i find the release information about KAV 1.3?

What's the difference between the Kaspersky Business Version and the Version we are using for now?

• I think major difference is in centralized management features what Business version has. Hoping to see more managing options in Kaseya in future. Also hoping to see multiplatform support, Apple, Linux and Mobile.

• Its always good news to hear that an updated version of a Kaseya module is coming soon. And I'm very happy to see the survey - it shows that Kaseya is listening to the community to drive product features and enhancements.

• @Kai,   We are still working on KAV1.3 release related info. Kaspersky claims Business version as Robust/Stable compared to Client version.  Also like Tomi mentioned here  above, it provides more centralized management features. From a product development stand point,  it provides the API to helps us implement more features for the forthcoming releases.

Thanks

Meghana

• @Meghana: Thanks. I'm waiting for a release in March?

• KAV1.3 Controlled Release

If you are interested in signing up for the controlled release of KAV1.3, please send an email to securityproducts@kaseya.com

Major changes in KAV1.3-

•   Kaspersky engine change from client workstation version to Kaspersky 6.0.4.1424  business versions
    •   Anti-Spam, Anti Spy & Lock Control components

Thanks,

Meghana Subramanian

Kaseya Antivirus team

[edited by: Meghana Subramanian at 2:47 PM (GMT -8) on 2-29-2012] .
  • K-12 shop looking at Kaseya and currently have a test environment setup.  AV is one of the major features that I'm looking at with Kaseya as my current AV contract is just about up.  Maybe I'm reading some of the forum posts wrong, but it looks as if KES is pretty much end-of-life and KAV 1.3 which isn't out yet is running on Kaspersky ver 6? I thought Kaspersky business was running ver 8.1 now?  Is it that far behind or am I not comparing apples to apples?  I don't want to make assumptions...

• @Freestyle18: You have a point... I'm seeing the same thing on Kasepersky's business pages: 

http://usa.kaspersky.com/products-services/business/kaspersky-security-applications

Kaseya... can you confirm whether or not we're comparing apples to apples?  Is it a fair comparison to say that Kaseya is just now implementing the 6.X engine when an 8.X engine is available for business machines?

• :) wouldn't suprise us.... look at KES

• Please tell me this is not true....I can only hope we aren't getting an AV product two versions behind already.

• Meghana... can you confirm (or correct) what freestyle18 posted?

• community.kaseya.com/.../67206.aspx

• Version 8 of the business Edition was only Released in Nov 2011 by the looks of some forum posts.  Based on the fact they need to re-work code to switch to the business editions of the products, I can see why they picked the version 6 as a starting point.  From a development standpoint, starting to re-work code the month the product releases is probably going to drive the developers off the deep end when they hit undocumented "features"

In this case, going with version 6 is safer for a smooth rollout and then do the incremental changes to version 8 (once its had a chance to bake)

Technically its only 1 version behind current (since version 7 got lost in the Kaspersky numbering scheme I think)

• Regarding the Version 8, we are working with Kaspersky to get the current version. Version 6 is the latest OEM partner version currently provided from Kaspersky.

Due to that reason, I don't have a specific time frame regarding the KAV implementation with Kaspersky Version 8. Will keep you all posted with the upcoming releases.

KAV1.3 Update

KAV1.3 is in controlled release now.  It went out to few customers starting Feb20th. Thank you for those who participated and provided us with valuable feedback. Your feedback is important .

If you are interested in signing up for the controlled release of KAV1.3, please send an email to securityproducts@kaseya.com

Major changes in KAV1.3-

Kaspersky engine change from client workstation version to Kaspersky 6.0.4.1424  business versions

Anti-Spam, Anti Spy & Lock Control components

Thanks,

Meghana Subramanian

Kaseya Antivirus team

[edited by: Meghana Subramanian at 2:47 PM (GMT -8) on 2-29-2012] .