Kaseya Community

KAV installation triggered by Agent Procedure?

This question is answered

Since KAV installation doesnt remove other AV's (or atleast F-Secure Client Security), I'd like to know if its possible to execute KAV installation and verify in Agent Procedure? I'm planning to do following script:

1.  Ask user if its ok to install (user can say OK or Delay)
2. Uninstall F-Secure
3. Reboot
4. Install KAV
5. Verify installation

Verified Answer
  • As far as I know, and has been the case in the past, scripted installation of KAV is disabled by design to prevent problems with the licensing management in Kaseya.

You CAN however, schedule an installation into a template, and after that, you can set KAV scanning schedules, assign a profile, etc. using the VSA because since the template shows AV being installed at some point, it will allow you to manage other aspects even though it's not. Just make sure you actually install KAV eventually or you will have failed procedures trying to run KAV scans and such when there is no KAV installed.

See this post regarding the licensing: community.kaseya.com/.../62649.aspx

All Replies
  • As far as I know, and has been the case in the past, scripted installation of KAV is disabled by design to prevent problems with the licensing management in Kaseya.

You CAN however, schedule an installation into a template, and after that, you can set KAV scanning schedules, assign a profile, etc. using the VSA because since the template shows AV being installed at some point, it will allow you to manage other aspects even though it's not. Just make sure you actually install KAV eventually or you will have failed procedures trying to run KAV scans and such when there is no KAV installed.

See this post regarding the licensing: community.kaseya.com/.../62649.aspx

• Hmm I was wondering since KAV seems to install trough scripting engine (I may be wrong!) I was hoping that I could just call installation from my uninstall script.

I suppose I just send myself email every time old AV is uninstalled.

• Yes, you are correct, it does SEEM to install into the pending procedures script list, but it actually does nothing except make the scripting engine THINK that it will install, thereby allowing you to schedule AV procedures after that. Oh well, even if it doesn't install from a script it does help a little. :)