Kaseya Community

Quick Scan Scheduling

This question is answered

We are switching over to using KAV for a few sites, and it seems like some of the computers are doing Quick Scans during business hours. This has led to some performance questions, and I didn't find any documentation about how to schedule quick scans. It appears they cannot be scheduled at all. I read the KAV guide (link below) and looked through the forums, but didn't see anything regarding this.

Basically, my question is, is there any way to change the scheduling on the Quick Scans so that they don't cause future performance issues?

Link:

KAV User Guide: http://help.kaseya.com/WebHelp/EN/KAV/1000000/EN_KAVguide10.pdf

Verified Answer
  • Unfortunately, not at this time.  KAV is a very strong AV product but, in it's first release, doesn't have all of the customizations you might generally be accustomed to.  However, there are many enhancements being developed and tested as I type this, which will allow the product to be much more tailorable to your environment.

All Replies
  • David,

At this time, you can't schedule KAV Quick Scans.  I do believe it's on the roadmap for a future release, but I'll pass this on to the KAV Product Manager so he's aware of the request.

• Is there anything that can be done in the interim to prevent those Quick Scans from running?

• Unfortunately, not at this time.  KAV is a very strong AV product but, in it's first release, doesn't have all of the customizations you might generally be accustomed to.  However, there are many enhancements being developed and tested as I type this, which will allow the product to be much more tailorable to your environment.

• Hi,

It would also be very nice if the settings could be protected with a password.

• Thanks Frank.  We absolutely intend to provide a mechanism for locking down the config at the desktop in a future release so stand-by...

• So, how frequent are KAV Quick Scans performed by default?

• I haven't heard back from anyone - if we can't schedule the quick scans, do we know how often these quick scans are preformed by default?

• Upgrade to KAV 1.4 if you haven't already. You can now schedule quick scans as well as full scans.

• I haven't done that yet, but we will soon. The question is coming from a client now so I would like to give them an answer as to how often Quick Scans currently run on 1.3. Do we know what that schedule is?