Kaseya Community

Kaseya Antivirus Removal Password?

This question is answered

I uninstalled an agent from a machine before uninstalling Kaspersky (Kaseya) Antivirus. When I go to Add/Remove Programs and try to uninstall Kaspersky, it ask for a password. I never set any password. Is there a default password the Kaseya uses?

Verified Answer
  • KaseyaUninstall

We have a single password for now...with plans to allow you to change it in the future

All Replies
  • KaseyaUninstall

We have a single password for now...with plans to allow you to change it in the future

• I like that... it keeps the users from manually uninstalling it themselves.

• @Jeff: It would be great if it accessible in the KAV screen. It's terrible to search ...

• We have some architectural changes on the horizon that may make this process obsolete.  I'll post an update to this thread if and when we're able to make that change.

Jeff Keller

Product Manager

Kaseya

• so what is the common uninstall password - or where do I search for it ?

• Eric,

Per Jeff's reply, the common uninstall password is "KaseyaUninstall"

• The password also works for other manual setting changes. I just tested it on Update>Settings section.

• Great... So my users can google "Kaseya uninstall antivirus password" as i just did, and it comes up as the first hit... Top job! ;)

Can you please look at adding a way to change this password (if none such option exists yet) asap?

Cheers, :-)

Phil.

• @Phil G - That's brilliant.  Every post I read on here about KAV makes me so glad we haven't gone down that route and likely NEVER will.

• I am testing the product right now, and it's quite stable... There are just a few little gotchas (like this one) which are a bit concerning...

• @PhilG - thanks for the feedback.

Coming in KAV 1.4 is the ability to change the install password (Going controlled release in May).  I'm hoping we can show it in Vegas next week.

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff, we aren't in general release for KAV yet, but I can foresee this option is going to be a pre-requisite.

Looking forward to seeing recordings from the Vegas breakout sessions as sadly I am unable to attend!

Regards.

Phil.