Kaseya Community

Disable / Settings / Right Click menu

This question is answered

Anyone know a way to disable the "settings" in the right-click tray icon menu, and also in the program itself?

Also a way to disable the ability to pause protection.

Verified Answer
  • Ok, I figured this out.

C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\kav\KAVSkin\layout\main.ini

can be edited to add/remove items from the tray menu and also to add/remove items from the main program menu.

Specifically, from the [Tray] section, I removed:

Settings

DisableProtect

Unload

and moved KAV to the very top

from the [MainWindow_Header] section, I changed the "Settings" to:

Settings = [IconLink] f("MainFtr") a(rt) xy(9,4,$Button_Shift) onclick(window("OptionsWindow:" + s_Navigator2SettingsRedirection(ctl.Navigator.value))) extprm(1)

which removes the settings "gear" icon and the word "settings" from the top banner in the main program.  If you're cute, you can still get to the settings by finding the single-pixel link to the right of the Reports link.  If you wanted, you could remove the settings link altogether.

Hopefully this will help others, or maybe Kaseya will include customization for the main.ini file from the VSA.

All Replies
  • To disable the context menu in the tray icon go to:

Agent |> Configure Agents > Agent Menu >> Deselect the "Enable Agent Icon" option.

To disable the KES Protection option in the contect menu on the tray icon:

Secruity |> Configure > Define Profile >> General (tab) |> Agent Icon Menu > Deselect the "Display option to Enable/Disable Resident Shield in Agent Icon Menu" option.

• Thanks 1320, but this question was regarding KAV context menus

• I guess it would have helped if I looked where this was =P

• After searching around and playing, it seems that

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010\Skin\layout\main.ini

has a [Tray] section where you can comment out the tray items you do not want listed.

I will report back once I get this pushed from the KServer and is it updates on a verify install or not.

• Ok, I figured this out.

C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\kav\KAVSkin\layout\main.ini

can be edited to add/remove items from the tray menu and also to add/remove items from the main program menu.

Specifically, from the [Tray] section, I removed:

Settings

DisableProtect

Unload

and moved KAV to the very top

from the [MainWindow_Header] section, I changed the "Settings" to:

Settings = [IconLink] f("MainFtr") a(rt) xy(9,4,$Button_Shift) onclick(window("OptionsWindow:" + s_Navigator2SettingsRedirection(ctl.Navigator.value))) extprm(1)

which removes the settings "gear" icon and the word "settings" from the top banner in the main program.  If you're cute, you can still get to the settings by finding the single-pixel link to the right of the Reports link.  If you wanted, you could remove the settings link altogether.

Hopefully this will help others, or maybe Kaseya will include customization for the main.ini file from the VSA.

• That's pretty cool!

I've been planning on watching the forums to see what folks are customizing on KAV itself...then...see what we can fold into the profile.  We have so much to do that the effort is quite a ways down the road.

Jeff

• Is there any way to disable the icon all together?

• You can disable the system tray component (effective after reboot) by deleting these registry values: -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AVP

(or on 64-bit machines - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AVP)

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Please note this will also remove the "Scan File" option from the right-click menu in Windows Explorer.

• Worked perfectly.  Thanks Dominic!

• gr8!!!!!!!..

but i wanna to completely hide it from User so that they cant remove it....even from add/remove..and programs menu..........

any suggestions???.

Thanks in advance.

• is anyone else getting access denied when trying to delete or modify this reg entry?

• Have you seen anything in the config files where to maybe change or set a password?

• WIthin Kaspersky's interface, you can enable a password to prevent users from making changes but we don't recommend it because it also impedes the users' ability to pause a scan in progress.  For this reason (and a few other compatibility issues with Kaseya's password protected API components) we suggest that you do not employ that feature (besides, you'd have to do it on each workstation which is a hassle).  

We have some architectural changes forthcoming in Q4 which may allow us to prevent users from making changes at the workstation level, so I'll keep it high on the product roadmap for now...

Jeff Keller

Product Manager

Kaseya