Kaseya Community

Kaseya AV Deployment

This question is not answered

My organization has been using Kaseya for a few months now and are still working out the kinks. One option we really want to initiate is the Kaseya AV function, but we're wondering if there's a way to automate the process? Right now we have to install the Kaseya Agent and then manually deploy the AV client. We want to configure Kaseya so that when the Agent is installed, so is the AV client. Has anyone had any luck doing this or knows how to make it happen? Thanks. 

All Replies
  • We have some product planning on this topic...but...we are needing a few features in KAV that don't yet exist.

1.  Reliable detection of currently installed AV

2.  Reliable AV removal (i.e.  how to remove the old product that was on there...especially remnants of the last installed AV)

3.  Assignments of the profiles to groups such that we know what profiles will get assigned to new machines getting installed.

With those in place, we'll begin to address this new scenario you describe.

Jeff

• Jeff,

At least with our current installation of Symantec AV we have been able to reliably detect and remove the older AV installation. We found that you can silently remove Symantec via a script that we have running before Kaseya AV installs onto a machine. So the item that we're most interested in now is the 3rd one (automatically pushing out Kaseya AV when the Kaseya agent is installed).

So as of right now, there is no way to automate the process? Pushing out Kaseya AV has to be done manually?

• Right now, there isn't a way..but working on it.

If this is a deal breaker, please drop me an email (we are having internal discussions about the critical nature of removing the old AV engine)

Jeff

• Off topic but, would you mind sharing your Symantec uninstall script? Next on my list is removing Symantec and deploying KAV.

Cheers!

David

• Jeff

I had been running K AV since November but recently started getting alerts the database is out dated. I set profile to update daily at 5pm but no go. I tried to manually update and also tried by clicking fix now button but no go. Clients are complaining about several pop alerts a day that "database is outdated"

Please help!!

Thanks

Rajeev

• Jeff,

I had tried uninstall which failed from Kaseya console and manual uninstall ask for a password. I do not remember i had used any password while deployment. Please help.

• Rajeev,

If you've been using KAV since November, you likely still have some pre-release settings on the endpoints.  Verify that the endpoints that are not updating are set to check for updates on sec-update.kaseya.com/updates as the early beta had just an IP address for the update server, and that IP address is no longer valid.

As for the manual uninstall failure, the password is "KaseyaUninstall".  

Regards,

Travis

Kaseya Support

• Travis

This URL donot work for me and I donot see any option in Anti Virus console section to set this URL to get updates.

Thanks

Rajeev

• Rajeev,

The URL is the url that should be entered on the endpoint in the update options, within the Kaspersky UI.  At this time, there is no corresponding option within the KAV profile for the update source.  

To get to this setting within the endpoint UI, open the Kaseya Antivirus UI, select settings in the top right corner.    Select "My Update Center" from the left hand menu in settings, then click the Update source Settings... button.  Verify that the source listed in the Update Settings dialog shows "sec-update.kaseya.com/updates" in the list, with no other entries.

Regards,

Travis

Kaseya Support

• Rajeev,

As we learned in working through this issue, you found that creating a new profile will send down the current update location, and allow your endpoints to update as they should.

Regards,

Travis

Kaseya Support

• Yes Travis, That was a perfect shot. Things seems to be in my control now.

Thanks,

Rajeev

• Is this site currently down again? I have my agent set to sec-update.kaseya.com/updates, and its not downloading any files, update source authentication failure is the message.

• Jeff.

Just wanted to follow up on the automation of the AV install (AV gets install at Agent Deployment),  Any more progress on this... Is something that would make my life a lot simpler.

Also is ther anyway to do the same with the Online Backup module?

The sooner the better.

Thanks

Randal

[edited by: randal at 5:36 AM (GMT -7) on 3-25-2011] additional question
  • Hi Justin,

We have identified a small number of clients that randomly suffer the "authentication failure" error and are working with Kaspersky to resolve the issue.  It appears to be a transient problem that doesn't affect the clients consistently so you may find that subsequent updates are actually working.  If the issue persists on your machine, it would help us troubleshoot the issue so submit a support request to customer service and we'll dig-in with you to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff Keller

Product Manager

jeff.keller@kaseya.com  

• Randal,

I like your suggestion of having the option to deploy AV during agent install.  I think that would be a great feature, and although we don't support it today, I'm adding it to our development roadmap for a future release.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Great idea!

Jeff Keller

Product Manager

jeff.keller@kaseya.com