Kaseya Community

KA 9.3 required improvements

• Charlies, I can't sort by 'flags' or 'kaspersky antivirus version' in the antivirus installation column set. the headings click (which implies sortability) but the sort order doesn't change... With flags it looks like it's not meant to be sorted as hitting the triangle on the heading's right-hand edge shows the sort options disabled. With AV version the sort options seem to be enabled, but sort doesn't work.

To cause the grid to go vanish:

Go to AV module, machines page

choose antivirus status column set

choose filter-antivirus installed

click once on the 'kaspersky antivirus version' column - note nothing seems to happen

Now, click on the machines menu item at the left.

The grid vanishes. At this point you can log off the VSA, close the browser etc., open on a different computer or different browser, and going back in the grid stays vanished. Numerous errors appear at this point in the browser's console (press F12 in Chrome):

ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18 Uncaught h {msg: "

↵Exception has been thrown by the target of an in…sion'.

↵Ambiguous column name 'productversion'.

↵", title: "A DirectException has occurred", display: true, message: "

↵"}raise @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18DisplayResponseObject @ Master.js?version=9.3.0.20:840onLoadGridModelSuccess @ Master.js?version=9.3.0.20:8430(anonymous function) @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18(anonymous function) @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18runCallback @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18onData @ ext-overrides.js?version=9.3.0.20:169callback @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18onComplete @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18onStateChange @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18(anonymous function) @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18

Master.js?version=9.3.0.20:821 Object {msg: "Uncaught

↵Exception has been thrown by the target…sion'.

↵"}

ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18 Uncaught h {msg: "

↵", title: "A DirectException has occurred", display: true, message: "

↵"}raise @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18DisplayResponseObject @ Master.js?version=9.3.0.20:840onLoadGridModelSuccess @ Master.js?version=9.3.0.20:8430(anonymous function) @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18(anonymous function) @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18runCallback @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18onData @ ext-overrides.js?version=9.3.0.20:169callback @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18onComplete @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18onStateChange @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18(anonymous function) @ ext-all.js?version=4.2.0:18

Master.js?version=9.3.0.20:821 Object {msg: "Uncaught

↵Exception has been thrown by the target…sion'.

↵"}

To restore the grid, click to sort a different column heading in the grid and refresh.

• The delete detections issue I have previously logged a ticket for, the ticket is still open and support have listed it as a known product defect. ticket #149141

As an example, Kaspersky has detected a threat and the alerts system has correctly emailed me as intended. th eemail says:

An active Kaspersky Antivirus threat was detected on dw-dc.dermonward.mytech at 2016-10-28 08:53:01Z.  The threat is:

Name: not-a-virus:WebToolbar.Win32.Asparnet.gen
    The "has active threats" column in antivirus status column set is ticked.

If I go to the detections screen, delete is not available.

Why can't I delete the threat??

If I log into the agent and open theKaspersky UI, the "unprocessed files" and quarantine areas are both blank, kaspersky does not report any virus found at all.

Incidentally, If I find the file on the machine and right-click the file (something happns because windows explorer hangs for about a minute, then responds normally) - and choose "scan for viruses" kaspersky does NOT find any issue with the file in the initial UI -- however it DOES detect issues if you view the scan report:

It feels like Kaspersky is detecting an issue then going "OK, it's not really an issue" but Kaseya thinks that it definitely is an issue.

• @Craig,

Thanks for the info.

I will log a ticket for the sorting.  Currently the sorting by flags is not in the product, but the sorting by version should work.  I will look into this.

For the deletion.  I looked at the ticket 149141 and it is in Classic.  is this a Classic only issue or are you seeing this in the new KAV as well?

•  The deletion issue is in both classic and new KAV. The screengrabs posted above are from the new KAV module.

• I just checked the filter sort issue on 9.3.0.21 and it's certainly still around.

In IE I didn't get a lot of errors playing around after the grid of machines is lost.

• 9.3.0.22 patch seems to have fixed the issues with vanishing columns. It didn't make it to the patch release notes, but in 9.3.0.22, I can sort by Kaspersky version OK, and the flags column no longer "clicks" implying it can be sorted (when it can't be).

Good work Charles, nice to see bugs getting fixed rapidly, and thank you.

Another major feature added, another bug successfully found and fixed. One less thing to gripe about ;) and a great outcome for all.