Kaseya Community

"Download updates of application modules" setting - are you using it?

• I've noticed the KAV profile setting 'Download updates of application modules' and the matching settings in the Kaspersky client.

Kaseya's documentation on this feature is practically non-existent. From the Kaspersky client I clicked the ? and based on Kaspersky's description determined that ticking the box will result in some amount of user interaction - undesirable from our perspective.

However - having the endpoint apply critical (or other approved) updates *does* seem like a function we might take advantage of. Clearly there are potential caveats (e.g. it could break Kaseya's integration) but there have been a number of Kaspersky fixes we've had to roll out manually over the years and it would be handy if this could be centrally managed.

Right now Kaseya seems to 'control' the release of Kaspersky we're using, and I see no method of centrally viewing, approving or applying Kaspersky updates, critical or otherwise. Is this feature actually useful in it's current state? Has anyone pursued this profile setting further? How are you using it? What kind of user annoyance does it present?

Thanks!

• Well I'm not sure what the options are here. I failed to find a setting in the profiles to push this and centrally manage this.

We're on 9.3 so I checked one Antivirus Classic agent, on 10.2.4.674 and saw that that option was activated. I'm sure I didn't check that box, so that seemed to be a Kaspersky\Kaseya choice.

I then looked at a new Antivirus installation in 9.3 - so that's the 10.2.5.3201 version. To my surprise the default here seems to be not to have this option active. Strange, but true.

Let me try and get a real answer about this 'feature' - since this is puzzling.

• You can actually enable it in the KAV profile under scheduled tasks > update > additional.

Based on what's being experienced over here - community.kaseya.com/.../22290.aspx - I'm staying well away from this setting for now!

• Is that option only available in KAV profiles on 9.3? We're on 9.2 and don't have it.

• Yes, it's only available with the new KAV profiles in 9.3, so if you're on 9.2 and upgraded to 9.3 you'd still need to go through the lengthy process of upgrading all the agents to the new KAV console before this option became useful.

• I just had a customer send in a ticket asking about the "Confirmation needed to install update".  I checked their profile and did not see it activated.  CHecking other systems now to narrow down how this became enabled...

Finding it on multiple systems....

Found on a different system with a different KAV Profile. Possibly coming directly from Kaspersky?
    [edited by: Tim Varvais at 8:58 AM (GMT -7) on Sep 15, 2016]
  • Hi Tim, this is down to a change made by Kaspersky. Support have confirmed this to us today; Kaspersky are aware of the problem and are currently working on this.

• Thanks for the quick follow up JB1975! 

JB1975

Hi Tim, this is down to a change made by Kaspersky. Support have confirmed this to us today; Kaspersky are aware of the problem and are currently working on this.

• Hi All, has anyone got anything further from Kaspersky / Kaseya Support on this.