Kaseya Community

ConnectWise Ticketing API support

• Will there ever be any support for the ConnectWise Ticketing API within Kaseya for those of us that use CW instead of Kaseya for ticketing?

Currently I am using theConnectWise Email Connector which works but has many shortcomings, the main one being that the same tickets are created over andover by dailyalerts instead of the tickets just beingupdated. Does anyone else out there that is using the Email Connector for CW have any solutions to this problem other thanlengthening the intervals between scripts that run that sendemail alerts when they discover a problem so I have a little more time to fix the problem before the next alert is sent?

Legacy Forum Name: ConnectWise Ticketing API support,
    Legacy Posted By Username: brad.g
  • Connectwise Users: It's our time to speak up!

Rumors have swirled for awhile now about possible integration with Connectwise, but nothing ever seems to make itto general release. We utilize the email connector as well and would also love to see Kaseya notify CW when alarm conditions are corrected so tickets could be updated. It's my understanding that the Connectwise clan just hasn't made enough noise as of yet. I'm sure Kaseya would be open to some suggestions on this.

Chris

Legacy Forum Name: Ticketing Tab,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cleach2637
  • I wholeheartedly agree - its high time they pushed this on through....

Legacy Posted By Username: expertcomp
  • I have to agree that I am a little disappointed with the integration between Kaseya and Connectwise.

It now seems like Kaseya is going to be including more and more PSA features in their product moving forward. So I don't know how that has affected the relationship between the two companies and their willingness to cooperate.

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • From looking at CW's documentation and speaking with their support personel all Kaseya has to do is implement the support asCW's ticketingAPI and documentation has already been made available. It's understood that things aren't always that simple but I hate to see Kaseya reinventingthe wheel.

• When I spoke to Kaseya about this issue I was told it's a point of contention between who is going to write to who's API. Connectwise wants Kaseya to use the Connectwise API to integrate while Kaseya is working on their own API and feels that CW should write the interface. Kaseya is definately adding CW like features, but it is my understanding that their CRM offering will be geared for corporate help desks. Personally, I don't care who writes to who's api, I just wished someone would get it done. The largest part of CW clients also are Kaseya clients. It's in both of their interests to keep us happy.

Legacy Posted By Username: pblough
  • Maybe we will find out more about this in Vegas this next week....

Legacy Posted By Username: expertcomp
  • Get somebody drunk!

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • I'm not sure why Kaseya would want to rebuild the wheel on this one.

Legacy Posted By Username: jauerbach01
  • What needs to happen is for all of us who are using Connectwise need to make enough noise that Kaseya realizes this is something critical to us. I'd encourage everyone to contal Kaseya and tell them how badly we need this integration.

• Per the Kaseya development team, Jim Alves is the person we need to contact.
    Jim.Alves@kaseya.com

Legacy Posted By Username: cleach2637
  • I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the situation, but there may be something to it.

Connectwise has been using Kaseya as their platform of choice but i was told that CW is moving away from Kaseya in favor of Zenith for their IT services offering.

I know that CW has a ShoreTel phone system and that is driving much of their TAPI integration (to tie PSA and ShoreTel together) so one could assume that they will be putting a lot of their development efforts into Zenith for the same reason as opposed to Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: PlanIT
  • My understanding is that they are using a hybrid approach, both Kaseya and SAAZ. SAAZ for the access to the Virtual NOC for mostly monitoring purposes. As far as TAPI goes, I know I asked for that to be integrated last year so that we could have at least auto logging of out bound sales calls and hopefully an option for inbound as well. Having looked as Kaseya and SAAZ, I think that Kaseya is the more mature tool, while SAAZ's model is interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaseya and other MSP platforms also offering virtual NOC's.

• I don't care what or who ConnectWise decides to partner with. I care about what Kaseya is going to do to integrate with ConnectWise. If Kaseya thinks they are going to replace PSA products like ConnectWise, AutoTask, and TigerPaw, I thinkthey need to stop that thinkingabout that rightnow (and any development too). They are a long way from achiving the type of functionality needed to displace those products. Plus most of us have already purchasedthis functionality already. Theyneed to integrate or provideanAPI interface to simply our doingso. ConnectWise integrates with 4 or 5 different accounting packages. Kaseya needs to follow suit for popular PSA packages.

I want them to focus on what they've been doing to date. I've said it several times I want the framework or foundation only not a complete system that locks me in to their add-on modules. Adding backup functionality was nice. Adding anti-virus/spyware ok. Just seems everyone wants Kaseya to integrate things for them. Creat all the SMNP set for them.No one solution will please everyone. Please give usthe framework and tools to allow us to customizeit to suit our own needs.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Connectex is right on the money. hah. How did this topic go in Vegas?