Kaseya Community

Category based on group?

• Hi All,

im looking to see if there is a way that I can have categorys specific for each computer group... I'd like to list all the third party software vendors we support in the list, to better track issues... I really don't want to list all of them under a general group because people won't even bother selecting if there is a list of 100....Is there such a way to do this? Thanks !!

Legacy Forum Name: Category based on group?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rcnnetworks
  • Not sure I understand. You want to be able to attach a category to a machine group?

Could you use Collections to do this? Create a Collection and assign machines to that Collection?

Legacy Forum Name: Ticketing Tab,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Well....when a user submits a ticket via the agent icon, they then have to enter the ticket notes, select a category and so on... I like to make it so that easy group has it own set of items in the "category" pull down.. For example... Customer "kaseya" would have company specific items under its category pull down.. For example.. "kaseya software" , "SQL Server" etc etc...

Another company may use different software such as "CF Data" ..So when that company submits a ticket via the agent, I want them to see only items that pertain to them under the category option, not another user group...

Legacy Posted By Username: rcnnetworks
  • Ahh, I see. Sorry, can't help you there. We don't use Kaseya's ticketing system.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • We believe this toa part of the fundamental problem with Kaseya ticketing:

Lack of ability to customize ticketing features and policies by group, and thereforeper customer.

Other Kaseya features (e.g. machine collections) seem to have the same limitiation while most of the features are flexible enough to haveper-group/role/adminsettings (e.g. scripts, monitoring sets, reports). It is puzzling why this inconsistency exists among functions.

Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa