Kaseya Community

Ticketing Enhancement Requests

• Is there anyway of schedualling when tickets get logged, and also have re-occuring tickets that automatically create

Legacy Forum Name: Ticketing Enhancement Requests,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Lee Weedon
  • Not at this time.

However you may want to have the system email you when a new ticket is created.

Legacy Forum Name: Ticketing Tab,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • All of our work is logged by tickets, so even daily tasks such as backup checks, daily maintenece.. etc etc, are needed to be re-created every day.

A way of getting tickets to auto create daily would be ideal, any plans to do this? Time Scale?

• Other than creating some type of alarm there is no way to "schedule" a ticket creation.

We use the ticketing very heavily as well so we feel your pain.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Perhaps using Outlook to schedule an outgoing email that repeats itself daily for these to the email reader address??

I have not tried this and just thinking of it off the top of my head ...

Legacy Posted By Username: tom@tbkconsulting.biz
  • For those of you using ticketing I would like to get a list of suggestions that seem realistic to be more than likley added into the next major release. So from what I am seeing we need to:

1. Create ticket templates/schedule re-occuring.
    2. Prevent duplicate tickets from being created from monitoring or alerts.
    3. Escelations
    4. Group Specific Fields (IE: software one group uses but not others)

What else?

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • My suggestion, be like RT.... Smile

http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

But seriously I know what you mean.. I think you have a good start on it. The biggest issue in my mind now is escalation of alarms and/or tickets for those ever important "Server Down" alarms or other important issues.

I know of a place here in Lexington that uses RT very extensively and has customized it alot. I have seem there implementation and marvel at how a help desk/issue tracking ticket system should be.. Thats not to say that we (WE being Kaseya and the Kaseya community) cant make Kaseyas ticketing as robust.

Just my 2 copper.

God Bless,
    Marty

btw: the spell check button is missing in Firefox on these forums.. at least for me it is.

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • As long as ticket auto-creating / Schedualling is there I'm Happy!.

• I think it would be useful to have sub-categories under the ticketing fields. Once you start defining categories for common issues the list could get quite large, so having a way to group common categories together would help a lot.

For example if you have a category called "software" you could have "Excel", "Oracle" and "Word" as sub-categories.

Legacy Posted By Username: jesse_gonzalez
  • We want to be able to limit access to view Tickets based on Assignee. We use a number of 3rd party businesses to carry out site work & currently there is no way to limit access to view Tickets based on Assignee.

We use Ticketing to provide & capture a lot of information, & we need to maintain confidentiality so that this information can only be viewed by us & the 3rd party Administrator that we assign the Ticket to.

Cheers, Ian

Legacy Posted By Username: TechOnline
  • The ability to produce a time report would be nice.

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • Our CRM package, Tiger Paw, requires a client ID field to be used to open a Service Order.We need a way toassociatethe Kaseya machine with a Tiger Paw client ID.

Legacy Posted By Username: rmccoy@layer3.biz
  • I know this is an old issue, but it would be great if we could customize certain fields to be mandatory before the ticket can be submitted. Any idea if there are talks of this?

Legacy Posted By Username: computer1
  • This is already on our list and we are looking at implementing it on a future release. Of course, we can only make this mandatory when tickets are entered through the web interface. People that just submit tickets via email will not have any restrictions.

Mark

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • Two things that I would like to see added to ticketing at some point.

1) In notifications, it seems that I can choose to Notify when field changes. But what I would really like it to Notify just when the status changes, and I would like the submitter to get this notification as well. This way a submitter knows when a ticket has closed or is placed on hold. I do not necessarily want to bother them with every little change to category, priority, etc. Just what they care about most, "it's fixed!"

2) Hours worked. Like to see this be an accumulator that totals the time for all note entries. So if a ticket gets escalated to a more knowledgeable tech or the user needs to be contacted at a later date, the techs do not have to add their time into the existing hours worked to get a new total.

Legacy Posted By Username: wiredresources