Kaseya Community

Need alert when Email Reader fails

• I just discovered that the email reader process in Ticketing has been failing for a week. The incoming messages were getting through to my POP server (actually my Exchange server) but not getting picked up by the Kaseya server and turned into tickets. Is there a way for me to be alerted when this happens (other than having one of my clients call me to ask why I never responded to his ticket)?

Legacy Forum Name: Need alert when Email Reader fails,
    Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • On a similar note, I need to know when the reader is not working according to schedule. It is supposed to be checking for new mail every 3 minutes, but it is now 10:18 am and the last e-mail cycle was at 9:56 am.

Legacy Forum Name: Ticketing Tab,
    Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • We are also having these same problems. When a script needs to send an email to our helpdesk it does not come through; there is no ticket created. This has happened to two scripts thus far.

Also, our mail reader is set to check for new mail every two minutes, however yesterday (5/10) we looked to see if it was working properly and it hadn't checked for new mail since 5/8.

If there is a fix to this, or if someone knows where we can start looking for answers, that would be great.

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: brandonb
  • is there a way to modify the email generated to the cusomer when they create a ticket in kaseya. currently it is very generic and confusing...

Legacy Posted By Username: STI
  • I've asked Support that several times and the answer was no each time.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza