Kaseya Community

Reporting Scan results

• Hi,

I'm trying to figure outhow I can add a section to the executive summary report that shows:

1. How many Virus Scans were run in the last 30 days
    2. How many Viruses were found
    3. How many Viruses were fixed
    4. How many Spyware scan were run
    5. How many spyware were found
    6. How many spyware were fixed

I think I have an idea in my head how to do it....but I'm not quite sure and I thought I'd ask experienced veterans.

Logical steps in my head

1. Script runs a virus scan with whatever anti-virus application they have.
    2. Either of 2 options will happen

1. If the anti-virus app write to the event lot,an eventis written to the event log that therehas been a virus found
      2. If the anti-virus doesn't write to the event log, then it's writen to a txt file.

3. If it's written to a log file, then that log file can be searched on for keywords and then have those events written to the application event log. (I'm not quite sure how to do this yet.)
    4. After the virus is documented in the event log, the monitor->alerts section of Kaseya can be configured to create alerts on the events that the anti-virus created or the custom events that was created.
    5. After an alert is created then you'll be able to report on these alerts in the executive report.
    6. Within the executive report, you can show the system activity for events within the alert log, then you can filter those by either a unique keyword in the event description that the anti-virus app created or by the unique description of your custom event log entry.
    7. Send the report to the client and live happily ever after.

Is this how anyone else is reporting spyware/virus scans on the executive report? Or did I just complicate a simple process?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Aloha

Legacy Forum Name: Reporting Scan results,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Steven808
  • Did you ever figure this out? I'd love to have this for my executive report....Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Reports,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jksanford
  • We are working on a similar project. I would also like to know what became of this project.

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Binder1.pdf
    Take a look at mine ;-)

I will have Spy counts later.. I have had to add my own table and use SQL RPS to report on these... I am also looking at building a complete Executive Summary on SQL as soon as I have the time.

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • I want that report on my server!!!!! Smile Please let me hire you!!!I so see the value in that!

Legacy Posted By Username: mmancini