Kaseya Community

Recently Installed Programs...

• I had a request for something that I haven't seen, nor have I figured out how to do yet, so I thought I'd post something out here to see if anyone else has come up with this yet.  

What I'd like to see is a report based on the contents of "Add/Remove programs".  Where Add/Remove programs shows the "install date"  I'd like to pull a report from all machines showing anything that shows an "installed date" within the last 30 days.

Unfortunately from what I'm seeing so far it doesn't look like the Kaseya auditing is actually pulling the install date information for the Add/Remove programs section.  The only columns pulled are Application name and Uninstall String. 

Any suggestions?

• you could put powershell to use

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../use-powershell-to-find-installed-software

• Not exactly what you're asking, but we use the Monitor -> Agent Monitoring -> Alerts -> Application changes, exclude some directories that we don't need to monitor, then have all agents email us daily with changes and keep a history of those.  We also have an email parser that looks at each email and alerts us if it sees known adware/malware installed.

• You could track this with Event Log sets. For example, Event ID 11707 tells you when a install completes successfully and also the user who executed the install package. Combine this with alerting or write the content in a Agent Procedure Log  for reporting.